By 2020, Swinburne will be a leading university of science, technology and innovation.
- Our emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
- We work to advance and build our research through partnerships with industry, our communities and other universities within Malaysia and internationally, to achieve outcomes that are directly relevant to industry and society.
- At Swinburne, quality is never confused with elitism. We work to provide educational opportunities to all capable students.
The 2020 University Plan is structured in terms of four strategic themes:
- Our culture – embrace a university-wide commitment to growth through excellence;
- Our students – engage our students through quality, personalised education;
- Our research – produce outstanding research that is relevant and internationally recognised; and
- Our connections – be the partner of choice for the industries and communities we serve.