This bursary is aimed at assisting eligible students with a financially challenged background to pursue the Master of Arts (TESOL) program at Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus.
Value of bursary
- The bursary is worth 50% of the Master of Arts (TESOL) program tuition fee
- The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen. Preference will be given to Sarawakians.
- Individual/family monthly per capita income of the applicant must not exceed RM3,500
- Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview
- The offer of a bursary shall be based on the official academic results obtained in a single sitting
- Students are entitled to one bursary/award only
- Availability of bursaries is subject to a pre-determined quota set by The Brooke Trust
- Bachelor degree graduate with CGPA of 3.33 and above
- Recipients of the bursary must maintain a CGPA of 3.00 and above throughout the program of study to continue to be eligible for the bursary
- The bursary recipient is liable to return all monies received to Swinburne Sarawak if he/she withdraws or drops out from his/her program or fails to continue to be eligible for the bursary without a good reason for such failure. Swinburne Sarawak shall have the full discretion in making a determination of the circumstances that constitute a “good reason” for a student’s failure to continue to be eligible for the said bursary. Swinburne Sarawak shall exercise its best efforts to collect all monies received by the said student from the Brooke Trust in the event of abovementioned withdrawal, dropping out or failure to eligible on the part of the student. The bursary will be revoked from the date of the breach and the recipient shall liable to pay the full tuition fees of the second year or whichever subsequent semester after the breach occurred. Each case shall be reviewed and determined independently.
- Acceptance of the bursary application is subject to terms and conditions set by The Brooke Trust
In addition, to the financial standing and academic achievements of the application, The Brooke Trust will also take into consideration the followings:
- Attributes which indicate that the applicant is likely to become an outstanding citizen
- Personal qualities and character and the extent to which the applicant has demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities
- Participation and achievements in extra-curricular activities including sports and community services
It is compulsory for the recipient of the bursary to volunteer as an intern at The Brooke Museums during semester breaks (minimum of 120 working hours) before the final semester of his/her master program.