Master by Research
A Master by Research degree requires you to demonstrate mastery of inquiry in a field of a discipline or profession. You will undertake supervised research and write a thesis equivalent to 50,000 – 60,000 words. The degree is conferred by Swinburne Melbourne.
A Master by Research candidate is expected to:
- plan, conduct and complete a research project or program
- understand relevant techniques in the field demonstrated both by your comprehensive review of the literature and by your research processes
- access and interpret key data in relevant fields
- present outcomes clearly and logically using relevant media.
You must have completed a three-year degree with a minimum average of 65% in the final year units of study.
You will also need to check the specific entry requirements for your program.
English language requirements
Candidates must meet one of the following requirements:
- obtain a minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0 or a TOEFL iBT (Internet-based) minimum score of 79 (with a reading band no less than 18 and writing band no less than 20); or Pearson (PTE) 58 (no communicative skills less than 50) no longer than 24 months before submitting your application
- successfully complete a total of 24 months (full time equivalent) of formal study where the language of instruction and assessment was English at AQF level 7 or above (or equivalent) at an approved university no longer than 60 months before submitting your application.