Associate Professor Vincent Lee Chieng Chen
PhD (Nott) CSci CEng PMP FHEA
Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Science
Office No:+60 82 260 768
Fax No:+60 82 260 813
Room No: E301, Building E, FECS
Vincent is a chartered engineer and chartered scientist registered in the UK, an engineering technologist registered in Malaysia, and a certified project management professional with the Project Management Institute. He is also awarded a fellow of the Higher Education Academy in recognition for his role in teaching and supporting learning in higher education. Vincent focuses his research activities in the use of numerical and experimental methods of non-linear dynamics to solve engineering problems. He has received more than RM400,000 in research grants over the years to develop his research. Vincent won the Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ Young Member Award in 2018, and recognized as one of the best and brightest engineers aged under 35 by the same institution in 2019.
- Non-linear dynamics
- Higher education pedagogies
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy
- Member, Energy Institute
- Member, Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Member, The Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining
- Member, Project Management Institute
- Journal paper Lee, G. L., Law, M. C., & Lee, V. C. (2020). Numerical modelling of liquid heating and boiling phenomena under microwave irradiation using OpenFOAM.
International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 148, 119096.
- Journal paper Lee, G. L., Law, M. C., & Lee, V. C. (2019). Model development and simulation of nucleate pool boiling in OpenFOAM: Boiling physics in bulk liquid
and roles of freeboard region. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 140, 255-279.
- Journal paper Lee, G. L., Law, M. C., & Lee, V. C. (2019). Modelling of liquid heating subject to simultaneous microwave and ultrasound irradiation. Applied
Thermal Engineering, 150, 1126-1140.
- Journal paper Yeong, S. P., Law, M. C., You, K. Y., Chan, Y. S., & Lee, V. C. (2019). A coupled electromagnetic-thermal-fluid-kinetic model for microwave-assisted
production of Palm Fatty Acid Distillate biodiesel. Applied energy, 237, 457-475.
- Journal paper San, Y. K., Thien, R., & Lee, V. C. (2019). Numerical study on erosion of a pipe bend with a vortex chamber. Particulate Science and Technology,