Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Honours)
N/526/6/0147 | MQA/PA14600 (20.01.2029)
The Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Honours) programme is designed to provide a solid knowledge, intellectual, professionalism, creativity, analytical capability and problem-solving ability in the discipline of Quantity Surveying whilst at the same time produce graduates with professional and generic skills who can compete in the employment market.
The programme will produce Quantity Surveying graduates who are creative, innovative and versatile with a sound knowledge to manage organisations engaged in construction from the multiple perspectives of the client consultant, and contractor. The distinctive focus is on the management of the construction firm, including finance, organisation, project procurement, contracts for design and construction, information and communication technologies in the construction sector; as well as meeting the needs of the nation and able to compete globally.
Degree including honours
January, February, September
The Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Honours) is provisional accredited by Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia (BQSM).
To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Honours), students must complete 400 credit points comprising of:
- 16 core units (200 credit points)
- Ten non-core units (125 credit points)
- Four elective units (50 credit points)
- 2 placement units (25 credit points)
Units of study
- QSB10003 Construction Economics
- QSB10013 Cost Estimating
- QSB10014 Construction Measurement 1
- QSB10015 Construction Technology 2
- QSB20004 Construction Measurement 2
- QSB20005 Construction Technology 2
- QSB20006 Introduction to Construction Law and Contracts
- QSB20014 Construction Measurement 3
- QSB20015 Construction Technology 3
- QSB20016 Advanced Construction Law and Contract
- QSB30004 Construction Measurement 4
- QSB30014 Civil Engineering Works Measurement
- QSB40004 Construction Measurement 5
- QSB40005 Construction Technology 4
- QSB40006 Professional Practice
- QSB40016 Contract Administration
- QSB10001 Introduction to Construction
- QSB10002 Introduction to Building Services
- QSB10012 Advanced Building Services
- QSB20003 Cost Planning and Control
- QSB20017 Integrated Project 1
- QSB30001 Computerised Taking Off
- QSB30017 Integrated Project 2
- QSB40009 Research Methodology
- QSB40017 Integrated Project 3
- QSB40019 Final Year Project/ Dissertation
- QSB10011 Engineering Survey
- QSB30006 Land Law
- CSM80006 Engineering Project Management
- CSM80002 Environmental Sustainability in Construction
- QSB30008 Industry Training
- QSB30018 Industry Training Report
Fees & scholarships
* The indicative course fees shown here applies to students studying on-campus in Malaysia for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student’s study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
At Swinburne scholarships are about providing opportunity, promoting equity and recognising excellence and achievement. Scholarships are available for both commencing and current students.
Find your scholarship
- Pass STPM with a minimum of grade C (2.00) including STPM Mathematics and any Physical Science subject, or
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics and any Physical Science subject, or
- Pass any Foundation courses with minimum CGPA of 2.5. offered by a recognised institution of higher learning, or
- Pass A Levels with minimum Grade C (2.00) in 3 subjects.
- An accredited Diploma in QS with minimum CGPA of 2.67
- IELTS 6.0 (no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Internet based) of 75 (Reading no less than 18; Writing no less than 20)
- PTE Academic of 50 (no communicative skill less than 50)
Apply for this course by following the step-by-step process from the links below.
Graduates with a professional degree in Quantity Surveying may practice within but not limited to, the construction industry both locally and internationally, and who can understand and apply knowledge effectively with high awareness of culture and ethics.
Explore other courses