Aims and learning outcomes
This unit introduces students to the practice of design for various design briefs. It explores design methodologies in creative problem solving and establishes a base of fundamental design skill in order to communicate ideas and produce suitable outcomes for design briefs of varied disciplines.
Students who successfully complete this unit should be able to:
- Utilise the elements and principles of design in response to a variety of design briefs and set tasks
- Apply design processes to create suitable visual concepts utilising a number of design specific mediums and techniques
- Evaluate and reflect on the Elements and Principles of Design in response to the design process and project outcomes
- Analyse, synthesize and communicate designs process in group discussions.
- Introduction to the Elements and Principles of Design – What are they and how are they utilised by designers
- The design process – from problem to solution
- Applied visual research for Design outcomes
- Concept creation utilising the Elements and Principles theory
- Design communication – methods and techniques