The aim of this unit is to develop students’ ability to critically evaluate contemporary risk management systems.
Unit Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this unit should be able to:
- Appreciate and value the theoretical basis of a management system as it applies to risk.
- Identify, interpret and analyze current risk management systems.
- Provide advice regarding the design and implementation of a risk management system.
- Develop fundamental ability to formulate and critically evaluate risk management systems.
- The context of risk management systems
- The design of risk management systems
- Evidence of effectiveness
- Safety cases, and variations in applications (e.g. OHS, aviation, and petrochemical).