fbpx

Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus

Swinburne University of Technology holding Open Day events nationwide

December 29, 2017

Swinburne’s Sarawak campus is located in Kuching, a rapidly growing city and an exciting place to live, work and study.

KUCHING – The Swinburne Open Day events to be held in major cities and towns all around the country will offer parents and students a chance to learn more about the Australian university’s globally-ranked courses and student life in beautiful Kuching city as well as transfer options to the Melbourne campus.

The first leg of the Swinburne Open Day will take place in West Malaysia from 12 noon to 6.00pm, starting in Johor on 6 January at Prime City Hotel, Kluang, and 7 January at Grand Paragon Hotel, Johor Bahru. On 12 January, the event will be held at WEIL Hotel, Ipoh, followed by Ixora Hotel, Seberang Prai on 13 January and G Hotel Gurney, Penang on 14 January. In Kota Bahru, the Open Day will be held on 19 January at Grand Riverview Hotel.

Meanwhile, Sandakan will host the first East Malaysia event on 3 February at Livingston Hotel, followed by Kota Kinabalu at Hyatt Regency on 4 February. On 11 March, it will be held at Tanahmas Hotel, Sibu; 18 March at Pullman Miri Waterfront, Miri; and 17 and 24 March at the Swinburne Sarawak campus, Kuching. All East Malaysian events will be from 10.00am to 5.00pm.

Classes for 2018 intake will commence on 26 February for Postgraduate by Coursework and Degree courses, and 9 April for Foundation and Intensive English courses.

The Swinburne Open Day will include highlights such as free on-the-spot application; course counselling by academic staff for courses in engineering, science, business, design, computing, language and communications from Foundation to Postgraduate levels; and advice about scholarships and financial aid options for qualified students.

Students are advised to bring along their identification card and SPM forecast results (for Malaysians) or passport (for international students), and original certified copies of academic transcripts with grading system and English language proficiency test results for application purposes.

Located in Kuching, Swinburne’s Sarawak campus offers the same globally recognised Australian degrees awarded by Swinburne University of Technology’s home campus in Melbourne, Australia. All units taught are undifferentiated to the Melbourne campus, so students experience the same teaching and learning at only a fraction of the cost of studying abroad and receive the same testamur upon graduation.

The cost of living in Kuching is comparatively lower than other major cities or towns in Malaysia, in addition to having direct flights from Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor Bahru and Kota Bahru. The campus is located close to the airport and modern amenities such as shopping malls, food and beverage outlets, recreational parks, hospitals, places of worship and commercial areas.

At present, the university has a student population of approximately 4,000 with students coming from over 50 countries. Flexible student transfer options are also available for degree students interested in gaining exposure abroad where they can spend one semester or transfer to the Melbourne campus or opt to spend one or two semesters studying abroad via the International Student Exchange Programme.

Swinburne’s professionally accredited courses and close industry links have resulted in approximately 100% employment rate for a number of its engineering and business courses at the Sarawak campus. The overall Graduate Employability rate is 93% where a majority of the remaining 7% of graduates surveyed continued their studies with a postgraduate degree or set out to launch a start-up.

Times Higher Education (THE) ranked Swinburne in the Top 100 Under 50 in 2017, world’s top 400 universities in 2016 – 2017 (THE World University Rankings), 61st in THE Young University Rankings and 60th in THE Asia-Pacific University Rankings in 2017.  Swinburne ranks in the Top 75 globally for Civil Engineering according to ARWU Rankings by Subject in 2016 and in the Top 100 globally for Art & Design by QS in 2017.

For more information about Swinburne Sarawak, visit the university’s website (www.swinburne.edu.my), Facebook page (@swinburnesarawak), Instagram (@swinburnesarawak), Twitter page (@Swinburne_Swk) or YouTube channel (Swinburne Sarawak).

 

FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+EmailShare

CONTACT
Marcella Gider
Marketing Executive (Communications and Events)


mgider@swinburne.edu.my
  +60 82 415 353