Swinburne Sarawak’s staff and students intending to conduct research involving human participants or their data, must apply for ethics approval from the Swinburne University Human Research Ethics Committee (SUHREC).
As of February 01 2019, low risk applications for research predominantly being conducted at or by researchers at the Sarawak Campus undergo ethical review by the Sarawak-based Swinburne Human Ethics Subcommittee (Sarawak-SHESC).
All human ethics applications must now be lodged online using Swinburne Ethics Review Management (ERM) using the following steps. For detailed instructions see the ERM Human Ethics Applicant Guide. Details of ethics-related policies and procedures can be found on our Swinburne University of Technology’s Melbourne campus’ web site.
Please note that for Sarawak based research, all policies, guidelines and processes are the same as in Melbourne, and all applications are to be completed online in Ethics Review Manager.
- Application & Review (Sarawak)
- Application is reviewed by SHESC-Sarawak
- Applications will be reviewed within 7 working days of the submission deadline
- Comunication of Decision (Melbourne)
- SHESC-Sarawak Chair povides report to Swinburne Research’s (Melbourne) central ethics office (within 2 working days of the review meeting)
- Swinburne Research’s central ethics office will communicate SHESC-Sarawak’s decision to applicants (normally within 2 working days of receipt from SHESC-Sarawak)
- Responses or clarifications from applicant should be communicated by reply (to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Modifications & Final Reports (Melbourne)
- Any Final Reports and any applications for Modifications and/or Extensions should be submitted via the ERM
|Chair:||Dr. Bertha Chin (Faculty of Business, Design & Arts)|
|Members:||Assoc. Prof Lau Bee Theng (Faculty of Engineering, Computing & Science)|
|Dr. Irine Ginjom (Faculty of Engineering, Computing & Science)|
|Dr. Hwang Siaw San (Faculty of Engineering, Computing & Science)|
|Mr. James Loi (School of Foundation Studies)|
For advice on Ethics Applications, please consult with one of the following Ethics Advisors:
- Dr. Bertha Chin (Faculty of Business, Design & Arts)
- Assoc. Prof Lau Bee Theng (Faculty of Engineering, Computing & Science)
- Dr. Irine Ginjom (Faculty of Engineering, Computing & Science)
- Dr. Hwang Siaw San (Faculty of Engineering, Computing & Science)
- Mr. James Loi (School of Foundation Studies)
Research Integrity Advisor
- Dr Lee Ming Ha (email@example.com)