Dr. Brian Loh Chung Shiong
BSc (CSSE) (Swinburne), MSc (Swinburne), PhD (Swinburne)
Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Science
Office No:+60 82 260 802
Fax No:+60 82 260 813
Room No: E102, Building E, FECS
Brian Loh received his BSc in Computer Science and Software Engineering from Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus in 2008. Subsequently, he completed his MSc in Computer Science in 2012, and received his PhD in 2019, at the same university. In August 2019, he joined the Faculty of Engineering, Computing & Science as a Lecturer.
His research interests include deep learning, particularly computer vision for medical image analysis, and cloud systems.
- Artificial intelligence
- Deep learning
- Computer vision
- Medical image analysis
- Cloud computing
- Web-based systems
- Journal paper Loh, BC & Then, PH 2017, ‘Deep learning for cardiac computer-aided diagnosis: benefits, issues & solutions’, Mhealth, vol. 3
- Journal paper Loh, BC & Then, PH 2016, ‘Region of Interest Video Coding for Ultrasound Imagery’, International Journal of Advances in Image Processing Techniques- IJIPT, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1-5
- Journal paper Loh, BC & Then, PH 2015, ‘Mobile Imagery eXchange (MIX) toolkit: data sharing for the unconnected’, Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, vol. 19, no. 3-4, pp. 723-740
- Conference paper Loh, BC, Fong, AY, Ong, T & Then, PH 2019, ‘Unsupervised one-class classification and anomaly detection of stress echocardiograms with deep denoising spatio-temporal autoencoders ‘ ESC Asia with APSC & AFC 2019.
- Conference paper Loh, BC & Then, PH 2015, ‘Region of Interest Video Coding for Ultrasound Imagery,’ Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Computing, Control and Networking, 51-55.
- Conference paper Loh, BC & Then, PH 2013, ‘Cardiac echo to text conversion: Closing the urban-rural connectivity gap,’ 2013 9th International Conference on Information, Communications & Signal Processing, IEEE, 1-4.
- Conference paper Loh, BC, Raman, V & Then, PH 2011, ‘First prototype of aquatic tool kit: towards low-cost intelligent larval fish counting in hatcheries,’ 2011 IEEE Ninth International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing, IEEE, 192-195
- Conference paper Loh, BC & Then, PH 2010, ‘Ontology-enhanced interactive anonymization in domain-driven data mining outsourcing,’ 2010 Second International Symposium on Data, Privacy, and E-Commerce, IEEE, 9-14.
- Conference paper Sebastian, Y, Loh, BCS & Then, PHH 2009, ‘A paradigm shift: Combined literature and ontology-driven data mining for discovering novel relations in biomedical domain,’ 2009 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops, IEEE, 51-57.
- Conference paper Sebastian, Y, Loh, BC & Then, PH 2009, ‘Towards natural language interface framework for automated medical analysis,’ 2009 2nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology, IEEE, 5-9
- Conference paper Patrick, TH, Ondris, PH & Brian, L 2007, ‘Momentary content management via general packets radio service (GPRS) and flash on wireless communication devices,’ Proceedings of the 4th international conference on mobile technology, applications, and systems and the 1st international symposium on Computer human interaction in mobile technology, ACM, 202-206