Dr. Chung Ping Ping
Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, Computing & Science
BEng (Hons) (UTM, Malaysia) MSc (Loughborough, UK) PhD (Swinburne, Australia) GradIMMM (IOM3)
Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Science
Office No:+60 82 260 715
Fax No:+60 82 260 813
Room No: E330
CHUNG Ping Ping received her Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical & Materials Engineering from University of Technology Malaysia (Malaysia), Master’s degree in Materials Engineering from Loughborough University (United Kingdom) and PhD in Materials Engineering from Swinburne University of Technology (Australia). She worked as a corrosion engineer in Corus Strip Products, UK for 3 years, and an academic staff and engineering foundation program coordinator in Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus (Malaysia) for 5 years before pursuing her PhD. She then resumes her duty as an academic staff in Swinburne Sarawak after her PhD studies.
- Surface engineering
- Materials characterization
- Committee member of Materials Australia Victoria & Tasmania Branch
- Graduate member of The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)
- Member of Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Journal paper P. Chung, M. Esfahani, J. Wang, P. Cook and Y. Durandet, Effects of heat treatment on microstructure evolution and corrosion performance of mechanically plated zinc coatings, Surface & Coatings Technology 377 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2019.124916
- Journal paper P. Chung, J. Wang and Y. Durandet, Deposition processes and properties of coatings on steel fasteners — a review, Friction 7 (2019) 389-416. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40544-019-0304-4
- Journal paper P. Chung, P.A. Cantwell, G.D. Wilcox and G.W. Critchlow, Electrodeposition of zinc–manganese alloy coatings from ionic liquid electrolytes, Transactions of the Institute of Metal Finishing 86 (2008) 211-219.
- Conference Paper P. Chung, P. Cook, J. Wang and Y. Durandet, Effects of heat treatment on mechanically plated zinc-tin coating and its corrosion performance, in Corrosion and Prevention 2018, Adelaide, Australia, Australasian Corrosion Association Adelaide, Australia, 2018.
- Conference Paper A. Cantwell, P.P. Chung, H. Jiang, G.D. Wilcox and G.W. Critchlow, The electrodeposition of zinc alloys from ionic liquid electrolytes, in Eurocorr 2009: Corrosion from the Nanoscale to the Plant, Nice, France, 2009.