Chung Ping Ping
BEng (Hons) (UTM, Malaysia) MSc (Loughborough, UK)
Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Science
Office No:+60 82 260 715
Fax No:+60 82 260 813
Room No: E330
CHUNG Ping Ping received her Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical & Materials Engineering from University of Technology Malaysia (Malaysia) and Master’s degree in Materials Engineering from Loughborough University (United Kingdom). She worked as a corrosion engineer in Corus Strip Products, UK for 3 years. After that, she worked as an academic staff and engineering foundation program coordinator in Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus (Malaysia) for 5 years before pursuing her PhD at Swinburne University of Technology (Australia).
- Surface engineering
- Materials characterization
- Committee member of Materials Australia Victoria & Tasmania Branch
- Graduate member of The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)
- Member of Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Journal paper P. Chung, M. Esfahani, J. Wang, P. Cook and Y. Durandet, Effects of heat treatment on microstructure evolution and corrosion performance of mechanically plated zinc coatings, Surface & Coatings Technology 377 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2019.124916
- Journal paper P. Chung, J. Wang and Y. Durandet, Deposition processes and properties of coatings on steel fasteners — a review, Friction 7 (2019) 389-416. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40544-019-0304-4
- Journal paper P. Chung, P.A. Cantwell, G.D. Wilcox and G.W. Critchlow, Electrodeposition of zinc–manganese alloy coatings from ionic liquid electrolytes, Transactions of the Institute of Metal Finishing 86 (2008) 211-219.
- Conference Paper P. Chung, P. Cook, J. Wang and Y. Durandet, Effects of heat treatment on mechanically plated zinc-tin coating and its corrosion performance, in Corrosion and Prevention 2018, Adelaide, Australia, Australasian Corrosion Association Adelaide, Australia, 2018.
- Conference Paper A. Cantwell, P.P. Chung, H. Jiang, G.D. Wilcox and G.W. Critchlow, The electrodeposition of zinc alloys from ionic liquid electrolytes, in Eurocorr 2009: Corrosion from the Nanoscale to the Plant, Nice, France, 2009.