Google Scholar Scopus ORCID
Dr Komathi Wasudawan is Lecturer in School of Business, Faculty of Business, Design and Arts, Swinburne University of Technology, Sarawak Campus. She holds a PhD in Tourism Development and Poverty Alleviation from Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS), Malaysia. She is a regular reviewer for peer-reviewed journals, such as Journal of Ecotourism, Borneo Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, Asia-Pacific Social Science Review. She is also an external examiner for Gomal University and Qurtuba University of Science and Information Technology, Pakistan.
Research InterestsDr Komathi’s research interests are in pro-poor tourism. She is particularly interested in sustainable tourism that generates household income among the poor to meet United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 1 No Poverty. She is also interested in e-commerce adoption, green HRM practices, work-from-home culture, and gender studies. She is familiar with quantitative and qualitative research methods and qualified to supervise Postgraduate students as Associate Investigator.
Teaching AreasUndergraduate level: Global Business Across Cultures, Asian Regionalism and Global Business and Global and Digital Marketplaces.
Postgraduate level: Global Business Cultures: Advanced Theories and Practices.
Postgraduate SupervisionSachinthana, R.W. ‘Green Human Resource Management practices on Employee Green Behavior,’ PhD (Ongoing).
Research Grant2022: “Sustainable Tourism Development: Community-Based Tourism Value-Added Programs as the Vehicle for Socio-Economic Enhancement”, Tourism Research Grant, Ministry of Tourism, Creative Industry & Performing Arts Sarawak (MTCP), (Associate Investigator), (MYR 100,000.00).
2022: “Fostering community empowerment and capacity building through tourism: perspectives from Dalat, Sarawak” Swinburne Sarawak Research Micro Fund, (Chief Investigator), (MYR 5,000.00).
Recent MediaWasudawan. K., & Lim A. S. S. (2022, August 03). ‘Manpower and tourism industry: Challenges and recommendations’, weekly column in the Borneo Post newspaper.
- Book Chapter: Hattat, M.Z., Panda, S., & Wasudawan, K. (2022). Relooking Performance Appraisal System for Organisation Success – A Case Analysis. In Case Study: Building Leaders to make a Different to Our Society and State (55-62). Leadership Institute of Sarawak Civil Service Sdn. Bhd.
- Journal Article: Wasudawan, K., & Ab-Rahim, R. (2017). The Impacts of Tourism Development on Poverty Alleviation in Sarawak. International Journal of Business and Society, 18(S3), 754-762.
- Journal Article: Wasudawan, K., & Ab-Rahim, R. (2018). Pro-Poor Tourism and Poverty Alleviation in Sarawak. International Journal of Asian Social Science, 8(10), 929-937.
- Journal Article: Wasudawan, K., & Ab-Rahim, R. (2019). The Impact of the Rural Environment and Environmental Conservation on Poverty Alleviation: The Moderating Effect of Tourism Resources. Jurnal Pengurusan (UKM Journal of Management), 56.
- Journal Article: Karubi, N. P., & Wasudawan, K. (2020). Gender, Political Participation and Representation: The Nigeria Story. Asian Journal of Education and Social Studies, 17-28.
- Journal Article: Wasudawan, K., Abdu Shakur, M. M., & Ab-Rahim, R. (2021). The Impact of The Rural Culture and Cultural Attractions on Poverty Alleviation: The Moderating Effect of Tourism Resources. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 11(1), 595–610.