Dr. Rodney Lim Thiam Hock
Lecturer in Marketing and E-Commerce
PhD in Business (Swinburne), Masters of eBusiness and Communications (Swinburne University Lilydale, Australia)
Faculty of Business, Design and Arts
Office No:+60 82 260 726
Fax No:+60 82 260 815
Room No: B332
Dr Rodney Lim has taught at the higher education level since 1993. He has extensive teaching experience in the areas of Marketing and Digital Marketing. He is currently coordinating the Capstone 1 unit in the Business degree program.
Entrepreneurship, social media and e-commerce
Advanced Integrative Business Practice (Capstone 1), Managing the Global Marketplace, International Marketing, Introduction to Management, Marketing Management, Business Strategy.
Training & Consultancy
Project Lead Consultant. Tourism Satellite Account (TSA) – Outbound Tourism Survey 2018. Funding Amount: RM197,097.00 (2018, Ongoing)
Project Consultant. Sarawak International Dragon Boat Regatta (SIDBR) and Sarawak Regatta (SR) Industry Player Survey 2017. Funding Amount: RM25,000 (2017, Completed)
Organizing Committee. Women Entrepreneurship Conference 2014. Collaboration with the Sarawak Dayak Graduates Association (SDGA)
- Conference Proceedings: Lim, R., Diaz, JA, & Dash, D 2013 “Making Shops from Blogs: An Emerging Online Retailing Phenomenon in Southeast Asia”, Proceedings of 3rd Asia-Pacific Business Research Conference 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Book Chapter: Yu, P. K.-H., Lim, R. & Mohammed, J. A. (2012). Shattering and Salvaging Grounded Theory: A One-dot Theory Conversion. In The Politics and Business Dimensions of Governance and Regimes- A One Dot Theory Interpretation. Heidelberg Press, pp. 65-78.
- Book Chapter: Yu, P. K.-H. & Lim, R. (2012). Classic and Non-Classic Grounded Theory: A One-Dot Theory Critique. In The Politics and Business Dimensions of Governance and Regimes- A One Dot Theory Interpretation. Heidelberg Press, pp. 47-64.
- Conference Proceeding: Lim, R. & Ee, YS 2011 “Virtual Goods in Social Games: An Exploratory Study of Factors that Drive Purchase of In-Game Items,” Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on e-Business 2010, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Conference Proceeding: Lim, R., Lee, M & Yin, C 2009, ‘Teacher Usage and Perceptions of Online Discussion Forums in Higher Education’, 2nd International Conference of Teaching and Learning (ICTL 2009), INTI University College, Malaysia.