Dr. Sitansu Panda
Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management
DLitt (BU) PhD (India) MPhil MBA (OU) MA (IR & PM)
Faculty of Business, Design and Arts
Office No:+60 82 260 921
Fax No:+60 82 260 815
Room No: B329
Dr. Sitansu Panda teaches units in Behaviour in Organizations, Managing Workplace Relations, Leadership in Context. Apart from teaching, he has also published several articles in journals. He has authored four books in the area of Human Resource Management and Communication for Workplace Management. He is a Certified HRDF Trainer, Government of Malaysia. He has developed many HR modules and imparted trainings to managers, supervisors, workers of different organizations internationally.
Performance Management, Industrial Relations, Cross-cultural Management, Social Security
Managing Workplace Relations, Behaviour in Organizations, Leadership in Context, Human Resource Management, Managing Employee Performance
2018, UMP, Publication for authoring Book “Managing Performance for Excelling Organization-A Practical Approach”
Recent Research Grants
Project Leader. RDU on Performance Appraisal System for Public Technical Universities of Malaysia. Funding amount: RM20,000.00 (2016-2018, Completed)
- Panda, S. (2017), Managing Performance for Excelling Organization- A Practical Approach, UMP, Malaysia (ISBN: 978-967-2054-49-8).
- Panda, S. (2018), Communication for Workplace Management, UMP, Malaysia (ISBN 978-967-2226-15-4)
- Panda, S. and S.F. Chandrasekhar (2010), Cases in Human Resource Management, Paramount Publishing House, Hyderabad, India. (ISBN: 978-819-2157-97-9)
- Panda, S. and N. Sivarama Krishna (2008), Performance Management System in Academic Institutions, (Ed), SSIM Publications, Hyderabad, India. (ISBN: 978-819-0524-20-9)
- Panda, S. et al, (2018), “Performance Appraisal System of Technical Universities of Malaysia- A Study”, 4th Asia International Conference AIC 2018, Malaysia, Scopus (Accepted).
- Panda, S. et.al., (2018), “Analysing Factors Attributing to Effectiveness of Performance Management System of a Manufacturing Industry”, Journal of Social Sciences Research, Scopus (ISSN -e: 9458).
- M. Waris, and Panda, S. (2017), “Case on Integrated Time and Cost Monitoring of Construction Projects”, Collection of Teaching Cases for Business Administration Studies, Penerbit UMP, Malaysia (ISBN 978-967-2054-50-4).
- Panda S. and Prasanna Pradhan (2016), “Sense, Essence and Essentiality of Performance Management System”, Journal of Contemporary Research in Management, Vol. 11 (2), pp 71-81, India (ISSN 0973-9785)
- Panda, S. and K. Jayarama Reddy (2016), “A Study on Impact of Performance Management System on Organization”, International Journal of Industrial Management, Vol. 2, pp 1-6, UMP, Malaysia, (ISSN 2289-9286)
- Panda, S. (2016), Impact of Training & Development on Organizational Performance-An Analysis, International Business Engineering Conference Proceedings, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, (ISBN 9-789670-691916)
- Pradhan, P.K. and Panda, S. (2016), “An Intrinsic Look into the Industrial Growth in India By Virtue of FDI”, International Journal of Industrial Management, Vol. 2, pp 7-14, UMP, Malaysia, (ISSN 2289-9286)
- Panda, S. (2016), “Employee’s Perception of Performance Management System- An Assessment”, Book, ISEBA, UNITEN, Malaysia, (ISBN 978-983-4289-8-9).
- Panda, S. (2015), “Role of Communication in Project Management”, AGBA Book, Malaysia.
- Panda, S. and Pankaj Kumar Mohanty (2014), “Student’s Perception towards Management Education – An Empirical Study”, Sumedha, Vol. 3 (1), CMR Publications, Hyderabad (ISSN 2277-6753).
- Panda, S. and Sitansu Panda (2013), “Love to Leave, Hate to Live-An Unusual Case of Expatriates”, Vidwat, Vol.6 (2), Indian Journal of Management, Dhruva Publications, Hyderabad.
- Panda, S. (2012), “Performance Management System in Manufacturing Company-A Study from Employee Perspective”, Sumedha, Vol. 1(4), CMR Publications, Hyderabad, (ISSN 2277-6753).
- Panda, S. (2011), Performance Management System-Issues and Challenges, Management and Labour Studies, Vol. 36 (1), Sage for XLRI, Jamsedpur (ISSN 2321-0710).
- Panda, S. (2011), “Step up the Stairs or Stare at the Steps”, Gavesana, VJIM, Vol. 3 (2), Hyderabad, (ISSN 0975-4547).
- Panda, S. and S.F.Chandrasekhar (2011), “Performance Appraisal System in Hemaraj Industries Limited, WIM Journal of Management, Vol. 3 (2), , Warangal Institute of Management, India, (ISSN 0975-5063).
- Panda, S. (2011), Employee Engagement-The Key to Build High Performance Workforce, Changes in Business Practices in 21st Century (Ed. Book), Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai.
- Panda, S. (2010), “Living and Working Conditions of Labour-A Study in Informal Sector”, RVS Journal of Management, Vol.3 (2), Coimbatore, (ISSN: 0975-3435)
- Panda, S. (2009), Talent Retention for Today and Beyond Tomorrow, Emerging Trends in Marketing Concepts, HR Practices and Financial Systems (Ed.), AV Publications, Hyderabad.
- Panda, S. and S. F. Chandrasekhar (2009), “Industrial Relations in Jhunjhunwala Industries Private Limited”, RVSJM, Coimbatore. (ISSN: 0975-3435).
- Panda, S. (2009), “Sri Gati Industries Private Limited- A Case Study, International Journal of Management, Vol.5 (1), Ghaziaad.
- Panda, S. (2009), “Appraisal of Performance Management System-An Avenue to Organizational Excellence”, Sugyaan, Vol.1(1), SS Publications, Hyderabad, (ISSN-0975-4032).
- Panda, S. (2008), “Case Study Method in HRM: Academic Issues and Perspectives, IMI Disha, Indore.
- Panda, S., G.Sethi and P.K. Rath (2008), “Development and Displacement of Tribes in Orissa”, Industrial Development and Displacement of Tribes in Orissa (Ed.), ,Anmol Publications, New Delhi, (ISBN: 978-93-80031-08-8).
- Panda, S. and S.F. Chandrasekhar (2008), “Industrial Relations in Sefali Aluminium Industries Private Limited, Apejay Journal of Management, Vol. II, New Delhi.
- Panda, S. and K.S. Harish (2008), “Trade Unions in the Changing Scenario of Industrial Relations, Journal of Contemporary Research in Management, Vol. 3 (2), PSG Publications, Coimbatore.
- Panda, S. and S.F.Chadrasekhar (2008), “Accomplished and Unrecognized Sportsman in Sports .Garments Manufacturer: An Unusual Case, Journal of Contemporary Research in Management, PSG Publications, Coimbatore.
- Panda, S. and S.F.Chandrasekhar (2008), “Untying the Gordian Knot: A Case of Pruthviraj Aluminium Company Limited, Synthesis, Vol. 3 (2), BLS Publications, Mohan Nagar, UP.
- Panda, S. (2007), Trade Unions and NGOs- An Interface, Sustainable Rural development in Special Reference to NGOs (Ed.), pp 118-124, Anmol Publications, New Delhi (ISBN 978-81-261-3462-2).
- Panda, S. (2007), “Changes and Challenges in HRM-Some Cases in Manufacturing Sector, Journal of Contemporary Research in Management, PSG Publications, Coimbatore.
- Panda, S. (2006), “Trade Unions in the Age of Globalization”, Pratibimba, Vol. 6 (2), IMIS Publications, Bhubaneswar.
- Panda, S (2006), “Trade Union Movement in Orissa-A Historical Perspective”, Studies in History and Culture, Vol. 11 (2), Berhampur University, Orissa.
- Panda, S. and A.K. Satapathy (2005), “Problems and prospects of Women Entrepreneurs-A Case Study of Women Oustees of Tata Steel Gopalpur Project, Pratibimba, Vol. 3 (1), IMIS Publications, Bhubaneswar.
- Panda, S. (2004), “Achieving Results through HRD-The Case of a Successful NGO”
Strategy, Vol. VIII, Bhanja Bihar, Berhampur University, Orissa.
- Panda, S. and G.C.Patro (2003), “Resettlement and Rehabilitation of Project Displaced Persons- A Case Analysis and Its Implications”, Contemporary Social Work, Vol. XX, Lucknow University, Lucknow.