BiographyDr Voon Mung Ling teaches units in Economics, Human Resource Management and Management. Apart from teaching, she has also published several research articles in journals and a book chapter.
Research InterestsOrganizational Behaviour, Leadership in Organizations, Strategic Planning, and Human Resource Management Practices
Teaching AreasSocial Innovation Project, Dynamics of Diversity in Organisations, Contemporary Issues in HRM, Human Resource Management
Awards2015, Swinburne, Vice Chancellor’s Community Engagement Award
Professional MembershipsCertified Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability Management Professional
Research GrantsProject Leader cum Consultant. Visitor Exit Survey 2018 – CHINA (VES 2018). Funding amount: RM69,785.50 (2018, Ongoing)
Co-researcher. Building connections for enterprising women. Funding amount: RM499,155 (2017, Ongoing)
Co-researcher. Conducting survey study for Sarawak International Dragon Boat Regatta (SIDBR) and Sarawak Regatta (SR) Industry Player Survey 2017. Funding amount: 25,000.00 (2017, Completed)
Co-project leader. An investigation into barriers for single mothers with tertiary education re-entry into workforce in urban Sarawak. Funding Amount:RM53,000 (2016, Completed)
Co-researcher. An evaluation of park service concession models for Kubah National Park. Funding amount: RM83,600 (2016, Completed)
Co-researcher. Barriers to and facilitators of female academic promotions in Australian and Malaysian higher education institutions: An exploratory comparative case study. Funding amount: RM185,390 (2015, Ongoing)
Co-researcher. Determinants of Corporate Events Site Selection: An Exploratory Study of the MICE Industry in Sarawak, Sarawak Convention Bureau. Funding Amount: RM40,000 (2014, Completed)
Recent MediaVoon, M.L. and Bodiozaman, I. (2017, September). Finding Opportunities for Single Mums. Published in Discover
Voon, M.L. (2016, November 1st). Which leadership style is the best for you? Published in the New Sarawak Tribune Newspaper.
Voon, M.L. (2016, July 20). Which leadership style best suits you? Published in Campus & Beyond, weekly column in the Borneo Post Newspaper.
Voon, M.L. (2016, June). Which leadership style the best for you? Published in Discover Digital Future.
Voon, M.L. (2016, March 24th). Are we doing enough to foster entrepreneurship? Published in ‘Campus & Beyond’, weekly column in the Borneo Post Newspaper.
- Book Chapter: Yu, K-hong, P., Heng, K.S., Ngui, L.H., & Voon, M.L. (2011). International regimes and non-regimes in Confucian (Corporate) governance: A critique of Blue Ocean Strategy’s metaphor and methodology. In K-hong. P. Yu (Ed.), International (Corporate) governance: A one-dot theory interpretation (pp.75-89). Nova Science Publishers, Huntington, New York (ISBN: 978-1-61122-645-4).
- Journal Article: Ngui, K.S., Voon, M.L. & Lee, M.H. 2017, ‘Integrating community engagement with management education: A case study of ENT30014 Social Innovation Internship’, Education + Training, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 579-589.
- Journal Article: Voon, M. L., Lo, M. C., K. S., Ngui, & Ayob, N. (2011). The influence of leadership styles on employees’ job satisfaction in public sector organizations in Malaysia. International Journal of Business, Management and Social Sciences, 2, 1, 24-32.
- Journal Article: Puah, C.H., Voon, S. L., Jais, M., & Voon, M. L. (2011). Discovery corporate crime: A case study in Malaysia. European Journal of Management. 11(4), 88-92.
- Journal Article: Lo, M. C., Voon, M. L., & Ramayah, T. (2010). The relationship between human resources practices and employees’ commitment to change in Malaysia Higher Education. The Global Studies Journal, 3, 3, 83-92.
- Journal Article: Lo, M. C., Ramayah, T., de Run, C. E., & Voon, M. L. (2009). New leadership, leader-member exchange and commitment to change: The case of higher education. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology Journal, 53, 574-580. (International)
- Refereed Conference Proceedings: Voon, M.L. (2012). The influence of leadership styles on commitment to change: The impact of human resource practices and leader-member exchange. Postgraduate Conference on Social Sciences and Humanities 2012, Educating and Sharing of Knowledge towards Successful Contemporary Research Development, 9–10 July 2012, UNIMAS.
- Refereed Conference Proceedings: Voon, M.L., Lo, M. C., Peter, S. & Ngui, K. S. (2012), Influence of Transformational leadership style on commitment to change: The Impact of human resource practice, 2nd Annual Summit on Business and Entrepreneurial Studies – 2nd ASBES 2012, 15–16 October 2012, Hilton Kuching, Sarawak.
- Refereed Conference Proceedings: Lo, M. C., Voon, M. L. & T. Ramayah (2010). Employees’ Commitment to Change in Global Perspectives: The Realities and Challenges of HR Practices, The Proceedings of 2010 KSET International Conference, May, 7–8 2010, The Korean Society for Educational Technology, Seoul, Korea.
- Refereed Conference Proceedings: Lo, M. C., Voon, M. L. Ayob, N., Ngui, K. S. (2009). Leadership Styles and Job Satisfaction in Public Sector in Malaysia. The Proceedings of Asia Pacific Marketing Conference 2009, 9 to 11 December, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Kuching, Damai Beach Resort Kuching, Malaysia.
- Refereed Conference Proceedings: Voon, M. L., Lo, M. C., Ngui, K. S., & PetSer, S. (2009). Leadership styles in Context of Institution of Higher Education in Malaysia. Proceedings of International Conference on Business and Information, International Business Academics Consortium Academy of Taiwan Information Systems Research College of Business, National Taipei University, Sponsored by: Shih-Chien University, ISSN: 1729-9322, CD-ROM.
- Refereed Conference Proceedings: Lo, M. C., Ramayah, T., de Run, E. C., & Voon, M. L. (2009). New Leadership, Leader-Member Exchange and Commitment to Change: The Case of Higher Education in Malaysia. The Proceedings of the WCSET 2009: World Congress on Science, Engineering and Technology. May 27–29, 2009, Tokyo, Japan.
- Refereed Conference Proceedings: Lo. M. C., Ramayah, T., de Run, E. C. & Voon, M. L. (2009). Relationship between Leader-Member Exchange and Organizational Commitment to Change in a Non-Western Context: The Case of Malaysia. The Proceedings of the 2009 Academy of International Business Southeast Asia Regional Conferences, “Revitalizing the Global Economy: Challenges and Strategies for Sustaintable Growth”, co-organised by Hong Kong Institute of Business Studies (HKIBS), Lingnan University and Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, The Open University of Hong Kong, December 3–5, 2009, Hong Kong, China.
- Consultancy Project/Grant: The relationship between leadership style s and employees’ commitment to change : The Case of Higher education in Malaysia. Duration: 2008-2009. Amount: RM 6851.00. Source of Fund: Swinburne Sarawak Internal Seed Grant.
- Press: Voon, M.L. ‘Leading change in higher education.’ Published in ‘Campus & Beyond’, weekly column in the Borneo Post newspaper. (14 November 2012).
- Press: Voon, M.L. ‘Transfer of training as a corporate issue’. Published in ‘Campus & Beyond’, weekly column in the Borneo Post newspaper. (9 May 2007).