Google Scholar Scopus ORCID
Dr Yii Kwang Jing is the Discipline Leader for Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Finance) and lecturer at Faculty of Business, Design and Arts. Prior to joining Swinburne Sarawak, he has engaged to several tertiary institutions for 10 years, teaching the subjects related to Quantitative Techniques, Economics and Finance. In 2016, Yii received his PhD in Financial Economics from Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS). He further received the Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching (Higher Education) from Swinburne University of Technology in 2021.
Yii always keeps in mind that RESEARCH is not boring and believes that research impact will have lasting influence to economy, society, environment and culture beyond the contribution to academic research. With the extensive statistical methods, the significant output could be derived from different research areas. His teaching philosophy “Our students our responsibility” emphasizes that educator should be responsible to the students.
Research InterestsFinancial Economics; Energy Economics; Econometrics; Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
Undergraduate: Banking Operations and Governance; Alternative Investment; International Trade and Finance; Financial Information for Decision Making
Postgraduate: Corporate Financial Management; International Trade and Investment
Professional MembershipLife Member, Malaysian Finance Association
Life Member, Malaysian Economic Association
Member, Sarawak Research Society
Recent MediaNewspaper Article: Yii, K.J. To buy or not to buy shares during this pandemic. The Borneo Post, 23 June 2021.
Newspaper Article: Yii, K.J. Roles and challenges of banks during the pandemic. The Borneo Post, 19 August 2020.
Awards2021, International, Silver Award. Business, Law, and Management – International Conference on Advanced Marketing (BLM2-ICAM4) 2021, (virtual) Taylor University, Malaysia and University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
2021, International, Best Paper Award. 4th International Conference on Management & Entrepreneurship (i-CoME) 2021, Swinburne University of Technology, Malaysia and Petra Christian University, Indonesia.
2020, International, Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Community Engagement Award, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia.
2017, International, Best Paper Award, A study on environmentally responsible behaviour in Perak: The role of facilitating conditions. 5th International Conference on Business, Accounting, Finance and Economics (BAFE) 2017, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia.
2015, International, Best Presenter Award, International Conference on Marketing and Business Administration (ICMBA) 2015, Park Royal Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Recent Research Grants2020: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) Workshop for Primary School Students in Serian 2020. Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Research, Sarawak.
2020: Do socioeconomic characteristics affect electricity accessibility among households in Sarawak? A comparative analysis between urban and rural areas. Strategic Research Grant (SRG), Swinburne University of Technology.
2019: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Workshop for Primary School Students in Serian. Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Research, Sarawak.
2019: Does behavioural intention mediate the relationship between determinants and consumer adoption of Alipay in Malaysia? UTAR Research Fund, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman.
2018: Using aging workforces? Cognitive, affective, and psychomotor abilities to enhance their and other employees? A case in higher education institutions. UTAR Research Fund, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman.
2017: A fundamental research on environmentally responsible ecotourist behaviour in Malaysia: The role of facilitating conditions. FRGS 2017-1, Ministry of Education.
2016: Towards an understanding on the determinants of renewable electricity consumption in Malaysia. UTAR Research Fund, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman.
- Journal Article: Yii, K.J., Tan, C.T., Tan, N.M., Teng, X.W., Khor, T.E., & Fan, S.H. 2021. Hot money and stock market in China: Empirical from ARDL and NARDL approaches. International Journal of Business and Society, 22(2), 713-733. [1511-6670] (ESCI, Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Ching, S.L., Yii, K.J., Ng, C.F., Choong, C.K., & Choong, C.K. 2021. Is food production vulnerable to environmental degradation? A global analysis. Environmental and Ecological Statistics. [1573-3009] (SCI, Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Lui, T.K., Zainuldin, M.H., Yii, K.J., Lau, L.S., & Go, Y.H. 2021. Consumer adoption of Alipay in Malaysia: The mediation effect of perceived ease of use and perceived usefulness. Pertanika Journal of Social Science and Humanities, 29(1), 389-418. [2231-8534] (ESCI, Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Go, Y.H., Yii, K.J., Loh, C.T., Ching, S.L., & Choong, C.K. 2020. Exploring the moderating effect of environmental facilitating conditions on environmentally responsible behaviour among tourists: Evidence from Perhentian Island, Malaysia. Business Strategy and Development. [2572-3170] (ESCI, Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Seow, A.N., Choong, Y.O., Lau, L.S., Choong, C.K., Loh, C.T., Go, Y.H., Ching, S.L., & Yii, K.J. 2020. Are environmentally responsible behaviours shaped by environmental facilitating conditions and antecedent of attitudes? The case of Perak in Malaysia. International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, 19(3), 269-283. [1478-7466] (ESCI, Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Go, Y.H., Lau, L.S., Yii, K.J. & Lau, W.Y. 2020. Does energy efficiency affect economic growth? Evidence from aggregate and disaggregate levels. Energy & Environment, 31(6), 983-1006. [0958-305X] (SSCI, Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Yii, K.J., Bee, K.Y., Cheam, W.Y., Chong, Y.L. & Lee, C.M. (2018). Is transportation infrastructure important to the One Belt One Road (OBOR) initiative? Empirical evidence from the selected Asian countries. Sustainability, 10(11), 4131-4148. [2071-1050] (SSCI Indexed)
- Journal Article: Lau, LS., Yii, K.J., Lee, C.Y., Chong, Y.L. & Lee, E.H. (2018). Investigating the determinants of renewable energy consumption in Malaysia: An ARDL approach. International Journal of Business and Society, 19(3), 886-903. [1511-6670] (ESCI, Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Mohd Haniff, Z., Lui, T.K. & Yii, K.J. (2018). Principal-agent relationship issues in Islamic banks: a view of Islamic ethical system. International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, 11(2), 297-311. [1753-8394] (SSCI, Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Yii, K.J. & Geetha, C. (2017). The nexus between technology innovation and CO2 emissions in Malaysia: Evidence from granger causality test. Energy Procedia, 105, 3118-3124. [ISSN: 1876-6102] (Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Yii, K.J., Geetha, C. & Chandran, V.V. (2017). Estimating the elasticity of energy over consumption at micro level: A case study in Sabah, Malaysia. Energy Procedia, 105, 3571-3576. [ISSN: 1876-6102] (Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Yii, K.J. & Geetha, C. (2015). The essential elasticity for energy demand: An application of LA-ADIS model in East Malaysia. Journal of Scientific Research and Development, 2(14), 102-111. [ISSN: 1115-7569]
- Journal Article: Yii, K.J., Geetha, C., Ahmed, A. & Chandran, V.V. (2015). A probit regression analysis on the over consumption for energy in Sabah. Advanced Science Letters, 21(6), 1991-1995. [Print ISSN: 1936-6612, EISSN: 1936-7317] (Scopus Indexed)
- Journal Article: Chandran, V.V., Geetha, C., Yii, K.J. & Ahmed, A. (2015). An empirical analysis of Engel curve on energy for households in Sabah and Sarawak based on location and income group. The Journal of Developing Areas, 49(5) Special Issue: 239-251. [Print ISSN: 0022-037X, E-ISSN: 1548-2278]
- Journal Article: Geetha, C., Yii, K.J., Ahmed, A. & Chandran, V.V. (2015). The mechanism in distributing energy subsidy to eliminate over consumption in East Malaysia. Australian Journal of Sustainable Business and Society, 1(1): 13-26. [p-ISSN: 2204-681X, e-ISSN: 2204-7751]