BiographyDr Ee Yaw Seng is a Lecturer in Marketing and Management with the Faculty of Business, Design & Arts. His teaching focuses on the areas of strategic management, strategic marketing management and planning, final-year projects and services marketing. Dr Ee’s research interests encompass the marketing discipline and more specifically, online and word-of-mouth marketing.
Research InterestOnline hotel room booking in the tourism industry
Teaching AreasStrategic Marketing Management and Planning; Business Strategy; Services Marketing; Product & Service Innovation Management; Advanced Innovative Business Practice; Fundamental of Marketing.
Training and ConsultancyProject Title: Sarawak International Dragon Boat Regatta (SIDBR) and Sarawak Regatta (SR) Industry Player Survey 2017. By Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture, Youth and Sports Sarawak. (Completed)
- Journal Article: Gupta, G, Tan, KTL, Ee, YS, & Phang, CSC 2018, ‘Resource-Based View of Information Systems: Sustainable and Transient Competitive Advantage Perspectives’, Australasian Journal of Information Systems, 22. Available at: https://journal.acs.org.au/index.php/ajis/article/view/1657
- Journal Article: Namvar, M, Cybulski, JL, Phang, CSC, Ee, YS, & Tan, KTL 2018, ‘Simplifying Sensemaking: Concept, Process, Strengths, Shortcomings, and Ways Forward for Information Systems in Contemporary Business Environments’, Australasian Journal of Information Systems, 22. Available at: https://journal.acs.org.au/index.php/ajis/article/view/1654
- Journal Article: Muniapan, B & Ee, Y S 2010,’Confucianism Values for Transformational Leadership Development in the Chinese Context’, International Journal of Asian Business and Information Management, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 10-22.
- Conference Article: Ngui, KS, Voon, ML, Ee, YS & Lim, EAL 2008, ‘Relationships between Large Shareholders, Board Governance Structure and Firm Performance: A Study on Malaysian Public-Listed Firms’, Proceedings of the Malaysian Finance Association 10th Annual Conference, Malaysian Finance Association, Sarawak, Malaysia, ISBN: 978-983-9257-89-2, pp. 35-44.
- Conference Article: Ngui, KS, Voon, ML & Ee, YS 2008, ‘Building the organizational learning capability of small and medium sized enterprises’, in BH Voon, K Singh & AMN Wong (eds), The small and medium enterprises in Sarawak: strategies to enhance its competitiveness, UPENA, Shah Alam.
- Conference Article: Lim, R & Ee, YS 2011 “Virtual Goods in Social Games: An Exploratory Study of Factors that Drive Purchase of In-Game Items,” Proceedings of The Ninth International Conference on e-Business 2010 pp. 1-7. Available at: http://tar.thailis.or.th/handle/123456789/362
- Conference Paper: Ee Y. S. 2016 Modelling Travellers’ Online Information Seeking Behaviour in the Hotel Booking Process. Paper presented at The First Business and Management Conference 2016, New Era College, Malaysia, 8 – 9 December 2016.