The International Student Exchange Program offers you the opportunity to spend one or two semesters studying abroad at one of our partner institutions. It is a fantastic opportunity to learn about another culture while progressing in your studies.
Before you leave, you will set up a Study Plan with your program coordinator. This ensures that all of your studies abroad will be credited to your Swinburne degree, so going on Exchange should not extend your period of study at all.
Please consult the Marketing & Study Abroad Executive for further details.
To be considered for an overseas exchange, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate course at Swinburne Sarawak
- Have completed eight (8) units in your current course by the commencement of the exchange (this can include exemptions in certain cases)
- Have a proven academic record of at least a Credit Average of 2.7
- Be an active student at Swinburne Sarawak (have participated in at least 3 extra-curricular activities)
Our current student exchange partners are:
- Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn campus, Melbourne, Australia
- TU Dortmund, Germany
If you are completing a three-year undergraduate program, you should plan to go on the exchange program in your second year. If you are undertaking a four-year degree, you could go in your second or third year.
Current university policy permits a period of exchange of one semester. It is compulsory for you to return to your home campus after the period of exchange.
Student Exchange is about more than travelling – it’s about immersing yourself in another culture and making the host country your classroom. This is an opportunity to make yourself at home within a completely different environment whilst acting as a brand ambassador for Swinburne Sarawak..
You will continue to pay your current semester fees to your home institution while on exchange. You do not pay tuition fees to the host institution. However, you are required to pay for your travel, accommodation and living costs.