The following terms and conditions are applicable across the range of awards and bursaries offered by Swinburne Sarawak only:
- The availability of award/bursary is subject to a pre-determined quota set by the university
- The award/bursary is only valid for studies at Swinburne Sarawak
- The awarding of the award/bursary is conditional upon payment of full term fee
- The offer of an award/bursary shall be based on the official academic results obtained in a single sitting
- All awards/bursaries are to be given as course tuition fee rebate only and cannot be exchanged for cash
- Award/bursary recipients must continue to study full-time throughout the award or bursary period
- Students enrolled into any of the University’s Master by Coursework programs and who are studying part-time is eligible to apply for the Master by Coursework Bursary and/or the Alumni Bursary.
- Part-time studies at the postgraduate level are for Malaysian students only.
- The award recipient shall maintain a full study load in each term.
- Award or bursary recipients shall contribute to Swinburne Sarawak’s activities including participation in promotional activities as and when required, during their period of study
- Successful applicants will be notified via an award/bursary offer letter
- The award or bursary is not-transferable
- The award or bursary shall be forfeited if the student withdraws from the course or transfers to Swinburne Australia
- Once the award/bursary is forfeited, it shall not be reinstated
- The award/bursary shall be forfeited if the student fails to abide by the rules and regulations of Swinburne Sarawak
- A student is entitled to only one award or bursary
- A student who has been awarded an award and/or bursary by Swinburne Sarawak or any other institution shall not be eligible for another award or bursary
- Unless otherwise approved, each student is only entitled to one award/bursary/financial assistance scheme/promotional benefits offered by Swinburne Sarawak and its group at any one time. In the event that the student qualifies for more than one award, he/she must choose which of these he/she wishes to apply and accept
- Approval must be obtained from the Registrar of Swinburne Sarawak for leave of absence. The award shall recommence once the recipient resumes his/her studies at Swinburne Sarawak. Failure to obtain approval for leave of absence shall result in the forfeiture of the award
- Only completed application forms received by the closing date will be entertained
- Swinburne Sarawak shall not be responsible for any application form that is misplaced, lost or failed to reach the designated department of Swinburne Sarawak
- Swinburne Sarawak reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the award/bursary as and when required without prior notice. All decisions of Swinburne Sarawak including those on matters not covered above are final and binding.
- All decisions made by the Swinburne Sarawak Award Committee are final. Appeals will not be entertained.
Application forms can be obtained from:
– Marketing and Recruitment Office
– studentHQ, Swinburne Sarawak
– Swinburne Sarawak website: www.swinburne.edu.my/scholarships/
– Appointed student recruitment representative
- The application form must be completed and signed. Incomplete application form or those containing incorrect information will be rejected
- All the required documents listed under Document Checklist in the award/bursary application form must be certified as true copies and submitted together with the form.