Postgraduate by Coursework Bursary
|Value of award||
Postgraduate by Coursework Alumni Bursary
|Value of award||
15% off total tuition fee.
Applicable to Swinburne alumni entering postgraduate by coursework programs.
General Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions are applicable across the range of awards and bursaries offered by Swinburne Sarawak only:
- The availability of award/bursary is subject to a pre-determined quota set by the university
- The award/bursary is only valid for studies at Swinburne Sarawak
- The awarding of the award/bursary is conditional upon payment of full term fee
- The offer of an award/bursary shall be based on the official academic results obtained in a single sitting
- All awards/bursaries are to be given as course tuition fee rebate only and cannot be exchanged for cash
- Award/bursary recipients must continue to study full-time throughout the award or bursary period
- Students enrolled into any of the University’s Master by Coursework programs and who are studying part-time is eligible to apply for the Master by Coursework Bursary and/or the Alumni Bursary.
- Part-time studies at the postgraduate level are for Malaysian students only.
- The award recipient shall maintain a full study load in each term.
- Award or bursary recipients shall contribute to Swinburne Sarawak’s activities including participation in promotional activities as and when required, during their period of study
- Successful applicants will be notified via an award/bursary offer letter
- The award or bursary is not-transferable
- The award or bursary shall be forfeited if the student withdraws from the course or transfers to Swinburne Australia
- Once the award/bursary is forfeited, it shall not be reinstated
- The award/bursary shall be forfeited if the student fails to abide by the rules and regulations of Swinburne Sarawak
- A student is entitled to only one award or bursary
- A student who has been awarded an award and/or bursary by Swinburne Sarawak or any other institution shall not be eligible for another award or bursary
- Unless otherwise approved, each student is only entitled to one award/bursary/financial assistance scheme/promotional benefits offered by Swinburne Sarawak and its group at any one time. In the event that the student qualifies for more than one award, he/she must choose which of these he/she wishes to apply and accept
- Approval must be obtained from the Registrar of Swinburne Sarawak for leave of absence. The award shall recommence once the recipient resumes his/her studies at Swinburne Sarawak. Failure to obtain approval for leave of absence shall result in the forfeiture of the award
- Only completed application forms received by the closing date will be entertained
- Swinburne Sarawak shall not be responsible for any application form that is misplaced, lost or failed to reach the designated department of Swinburne Sarawak
- Swinburne Sarawak reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the award/bursary as and when required without prior notice. All decisions of Swinburne Sarawak including those on matters not covered above are final and binding.
- All decisions made by the Swinburne Sarawak Award Committee are final. Appeals will not be entertained.
Application forms can be obtained from:
– Marketing and Recruitment Office
– studentHQ, Swinburne Sarawak
– Swinburne Sarawak website: www.swinburne.edu.my/scholarships/
– Appointed student recruitment representative
- The application form must be completed and signed. Incomplete application form or those containing incorrect information will be rejected
- All the required documents listed under Document Checklist in the award/bursary application form must be certified as true copies and submitted together with the form.
The Brooke Trust Master of Arts (TESOL) Bursary
This bursary is aimed at assisting eligible students with a financially challenged background to pursue the Master of Arts (TESOL) program at Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus.
- The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen. Preference will be given to Sarawakians.
- Newly enrolled in the Master of Arts (TESOL) program
- Open to bachelor degree or equivalent recognised qualification holders
- Individual/family monthly per capita income of the applicant must not exceed RM5,000
- Priority will be given to applicants who are financially in need
- Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview
Value of Bursary
- The bursary is worth 50% of the Master of Arts (TESOL) program tuition fee
- The bursary amount shall be at the discretion of The Brooke Trust and maybe reviewed on a yearly basis
- The offer of a bursary shall be based on the official academic results obtained in a single sitting
- Students are entitled to one bursary/award only
- Availability of bursaries is subject to a pre-determined quota set by The Brooke Trust
- Bachelor degree graduate with CGPA of 3.33 and above
- Recipients of the bursary must maintain a CGPA of 3.00 and above throughout the program of study to continue to be eligible for the bursary
- The bursary recipient is liable to return all monies received to Swinburne Sarawak if he/she withdraws or drops out from his/her program or fails to continue to be eligible for the bursary without a good reason for such failure. Swinburne Sarawak shall have the full discretion in making a determination of the circumstances that constitute a “good reason” for a student’s failure to continue to be eligible for the said bursary. Swinburne Sarawak shall exercise its best efforts to collect all monies received by the said student from the Brooke Trust in the event of abovementioned withdrawal, dropping out or failure to eligible on the part of the student. The bursary will be revoked from the date of the breach and the recipient shall liable to pay the full tuition fees of the second year or whichever subsequent semester after the breach occurred. Each case shall be reviewed and determined independently.
- Acceptance of the bursary application is subject to terms and conditions set by The Brooke Trust
In additional to the financial standing and academic achievements of the application, The Brooke Trust will also take into consideration the following:
- Attributes which indicate that the applicant is likely to become an outstanding citizen
- Personal qualities and character and the extent to which the applicant has demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities
- Participation and achievements in extra-curricular activities including sports and community services
It is compulsory for the recipient of the bursary to volunteer as an intern at The Brooke Museums during semester breaks (minimum of 120 working hours) before the final semester of his/her master program.
The closing date for applying for The Brooke Trust Master of Arts (TESOL) Bursary is on 31 December 2020. Applicant may apply for the bursary as soon they receive a Letter of Offer for enrolment from Swinburne Sarawak.
- Applicant must submit a curriculum vitae (resume) including personal details, details of parents and siblings, as well as education background, working experience (if any) and co-curriculum to Swinburne Sarawak
- Applicant must also submit a certified true copy of:
- Letter of Offer from Swinburne Sarawak
- National Registration Identity Card (NRIC)
- Latest three (3) months individual/parents’ latest income statement/income tax Form B/letter of certification if income slip or statement is not available
- Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification results
- Birth Certificate
- Co-curricular activities certificate/Certificate of Participation
- Applicant’s self-statement demonstrating the need for financial assistance, including personal details, age and their respective level of education together with any other information to support the application
- All The Brooke Trust Master of Arts (TESOL) Bursary recipients must be a full-time student with Swinburne Sarawak
- The Brooke Trust reserves the right to changes the Terms and Conditions of the bursary as and when required without prior notice
Please submit the curriculum vitae and accompanying documents to:
Financial Advisory & Student Welfare
Student Central (SHQ)
A001, Building A (Lobby)
Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus
T: 082-260773/260805 E: FASW@swinburne.edu.my
Ms Liza Sideni
The Brooke Gallery Fort Margherita
93050 Petra Jaya Kuching Sarawak
T: 018-3725189 E: firstname.lastname@example.org