The aim of this unit is to develop student’s understanding and knowledge of maintaining engineering manufacturing, infrastructure facilities and other assets.
Unit Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this unit should be able to:
- Identify and interpret types of Engineering Asset, Life Cycle of assets and Reliability principle in Design.
- Apply reliability-based maintenance concepts and plant reliability engineering methods for sustainable performance in asset/ facility life cycle.
- Interpret and apply the concept of asset critically.
- Interpret and use FMEA and FMECA analysis.
- Identify and classify Faults and Failures of assets and its components.
- Interpret and use RCM, FTA and RPN analysis.
- Develop Maintenance Analysis, Maintenance Programs, Performance Measurements and Reports using risk assessment, FTA, RCM, FMEA and RPN.
- Assets, Asset Management, Life Cycle of assets
- Reliability of assets as the key principle of performance, quality, safety and sustainability.
- Assets Performance reliability
- Assets Maintenance Management, definition, function, place in the organisation.
- Maintenance as Capability Assurance Function
- Maintenance Management Reporting and measurements (KPA, KPI)
- Maintenance Philosophy, Strategy, Objectives, Programmes and Planning
- Maintenance Root-Cause Analysis (FMECA, MTTM, MTBF, CMMS)
- Plant Reliability as a component of Co Quality System
- Quality and Risk mitigation Framework in Maintenance Management
- RCM – Reliability Centred Maintenance
- Reliability and Maintainability of Assets
- Reliability Based Engineering, Reliability Modelling
- Assessment of assets risks, safety and reliability. Application of FMEA, FMECA, RPN, Block diagrams and FTA.
- Types of Maintenance
- Development and Optimisation of Maintenance Programs
- Organisation of Maintenance.