Prospective students invited to Swinburne Sarawak’s Uni Day this 9 December

December 7, 2017

File photo of Swinburne Sarawak’s previous Uni Day event in August this year.

KUCHING Students who are keen to pursue an affordable, high-quality Australian degree are invited to attend the Swinburne Sarawak’s Uni Day event this coming Saturday, 9 December at its city campus from 9.00am to 4.00pm.

Highlights of the event include activities such as free on-the-spot application; course counselling by academic staff for courses in engineering, science, business, design, computing, language and communications from Foundation to Postgraduate levels; career and personality tests; guided campus tours; and advice about scholarships and financial aid options.

Furthermore, students are entitled to receive an Application Fee waiver when they apply for a course with on the spot Offer Letters for students who meet entry requirements. They are advised to bring along their identification card and SPM forecast results (for Malaysians) or passport (for international students), and original certified copies of academic transcripts with grading system and English language proficiency test results.

Swinburne Sarawak is ranked as the no.1 international university in Borneo according to the inaugural Times Higher Education Asia Pacific Ranking 2017. Globally, Swinburne is recognised for producing graduates that are in high demand by employers as confirmed by the first ever QS Graduate Employability Rankings with Swinburne attaining a Top 200 rank.

Swinburne Sarawak’s Graduate Employability Rate is approximately 100% for a number of engineering and business courses with an overall Graduate Employability rate of 93% where a majority of the remaining 7% of graduates surveyed continued their studies with a postgraduate degree or set out to launch a startup.

The high employment rate is due to the fact that the university awards the same internationally recognised degree from its main campus in Melbourne that allows for wide recognition around the world; and maintains close relationships with industry partners to ensure the courses are aligned with the future needs of the industry, as well as provides students with the opportunity to undertake relevant work placements as part of their university degree.

In addition, Swinburne Sarawak delivers courses that are recognised by professional bodies such as the Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM), Engineers Australia, Australian Computer Society, CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). At present, the university is home to approximately 4,000 students from over 50 countries which ensures a rich learning experience and helps create a broader outlook among students.

For more information about Swinburne’s Uni Day, visit https://www.swinburne.edu.my/uniday/ or to find out more about Swinburne Sarawak, visit the university’s website (www.swinburne.edu.my), Facebook page (@swinburnesarawak), Twitter page (@Swinburne_Swk) or YouTube channel (Swinburne Sarawak).

 

FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+EmailShare

CONTACT
Marcella Gider
(Marketing Executive (Communications and Events))
Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus

mgider@swinburne.edu.my
+60 82 415 353