IT Executive (Security)
The position is an administrative position at the Branch Campus University in Sarawak. The appointee will be responsible for carrying duties involving various functions of Information Technology (IT) designated by the Manager, Information Technology – mainly focusing on cybersecurity initiatives for the University, which include security strategy planning, security governance, security operation, security awareness training/presentation, solution review and deployment, risk assessment, incident response and any other activities across other sections of IT unit as well as any other relevant tasks as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or a related discipline from a recognised institution or Diploma with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- At least three (3) years of relevant working experience in two of the following domains: planning, management, governance, security, project management in a medium to large enterprise with a proven record of providing quality service and leadership.
- Experience in assisting or performing risk assessment or Incident response and management.
- Experience in running small/medium size IT projects in a corporate environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Familiar with current security technologies and keen interest in learning within security domain.
- Familiar with the IT project management lifecycle; project initiation, planning, execution, control & monitor to closure in either IT infra, software development, digital transformation or other IT related projects.
- Ability to perform the tasks assigned under pressure and short notice. Ready to work outside of normal office hours when required.
- Excellent communication skills orally and writing in English, to convey and elicit information effectively, and to develop cooperative working relationships with staff, students and vendors.
- Polite, and courteous to all staff members, students and visitors. Able to work well with staff members from other units to provide the best customer service.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information responsibly.
- Hardworking with the ability to work independently and follow through on all aspects of responsibilities, handling multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating a high level of initiative, assertiveness, versatility and flexibility.
Please refer to the Position Description as it will provide complete details of the job scope as well as the requirement(s) for the positions advertised.
The “Application process” section on our website provides more information about submitting an application. Please download the Position Description document for your reference.