Information Resources Executive (Electronic Resources Management), Information Resources
The position supports the Information Resources (Library) functions of the University and will reside within the Electronic Resource Management Services of Information Resources.
This position will provide, manage, and maintain timely access to the expanding Library’s electronic resources including subscription databases, full-text article links, eBooks, other resources; implement and provide easy access to all e-resources (discoverability), usage data and analysis. This position will require proper management of the library systems, content management, library technologies, library website and ensure efficient and effective support is provided to users. Appointee will be required to work within a culture of continuous improvement and is responsible for keeping abreast of emerging trends in library systems and technologies. Appointee will work collaboratively with users, library and other colleagues as well as vendors / external parties to ensure quality customer service and support are provided to the University’s community.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Management or a related discipline from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant working experience.
- A level of maturity consistent with the requirements of the position for independent work, initiative and sound business acumen.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, to convey and elicit information effectively, and to develop cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of library latest technologies, trend and issues with e-resources and committed to changes.
- Experience and substantial knowledge of the use of an automated library management system, information systems, information technologies and library electronic resources.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
- Interest to learn in terms of technical aspects and troubleshooting for electronic resources, software packages and operating systems in the academic library experience.
- Familiar with technologies used in acquisitions, assessment and e-resource settings.
- Flexible and able to adapt in order to work under pressure and meet short / long-term deadlines.
- Skill in specifying, designing, writing, testing, documenting and maintaining programs, utilities, and scripts written in languages such as Java, PHP, HTML/XHTML and relational database reporting and modifications languages.
- Experience in designing website and the use of Content Management System i.e. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or a related website building platform for updating and website maintenance.
Please refer to the Position Description as it will provide complete details of the job scope as well as the requirement(s) for the positions advertised.
The “Application process” section on our website provides more information about submitting an application. Please download the Position Description document for your reference.