Withdrawing From Your Course

Withdrawing From Your Course

If you’re thinking about withdrawing from your course, we encourage you to have a chat with one of our helpful advisers at studentHQ.

We understand that students can face challenging circumstances in their studies but there may be other options available to you aside from withdrawing for example, to take a Leave of Absence for a semester or two, maximum.

Find out more about support services if you’re experiencing challenges that affect your studies.

For information about withdrawing from one or more individual units, please click on this link

You can apply to withdraw from your course online, using the Withdrawal from course application form.

If you’re an international student, you must first meet with an international student adviser if you are thinking about withdrawing from your course.

Withdrawal applications received after the last day of classes will not be processed until after results are released.

If you’re seeking more general advice around the administrative side of withdrawal, contact studentHQ

Avoiding fees and penalties

There will be a forfeiture fee if you drop unit or course after the commencement of the semester/intake.  Please refer to the Refund and Tuition Fee policy

You will also incur an academic penalty (WF – Withdrawn Fail which is equivalent to fail grade) if you withdraw from a unit or course after the academic penalty date.

To see your academic penalty dates, check the academic calendar.