Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

As part of the University’s support during this period, below are the available types of adjustment arrangement.

If you are hampered by any of these inconveniences, you may apply HERE. The submission is via email to Graduation, Assessment and Student Progression team at erm@swinburne.edu.my.

Equitable Assessment Arrangement (EAA)


Alternate Assessment Arrangement (AAA)




Special Consideration





I have failed units in Sem.2, 2021 or September/October 2021. Thus, will it affect my GPA and CGPA calculation?

All fail grades are EXCLUDED from your GPA & CGPA calculation.

It will also NOT be reflected in your Academic Transcript.

Click HERE for more info on our Grading Scale and Result Categories.

What should I do with these failed units?

You need to REPEAT it in the subsequent semester(s);

You will be charged fees for the unit; and

Not able to progress to a unit that the failed unit is a prerequisite for.

Why the failed unit(s) still reflected in my Student Portal?

It is mainly for record purposes.

Student also can track their progress accurately and re-enroll into the unit if required.

Do I still need to pass the pre-requisite unit I failed in order to enroll in the requisite unit?

Yes, you must successfully complete your pre-requisite unit before you can enroll into the requisite unit.

Is it applicable to all programs?

It is not applicable for Postgraduate (Research), Single Unit of Study and ELICOS.

If I obtained DEF – Deferred or GNS – Grade Not Submitted or any other temporary grades, will it be reflected in the Academic Transcript?

Temporary Grade is not permanent, thus, it will is not reflected in your Academic Transcript when you graduate.

Can I omit any passing grades from the GPA/CGPA and Honours calculation?

Yes, you can. The application is within 10 working days after results published. Click HERE to apply.

How does my Semester 2, 2021 or September/October 2021 results assessed and calculated?

This info is available in our Swinburne Website and CANVAS. It has also been emailed to your Swinburne email. Click HERE if you missed it.

Student Academic Progress (SAP)


Will I be assessed for Academic Progress Review?

Yes, any failed units will be taken into consideration in Student Academic Progress.

However, the challenging presented by COVID-19 will be considered in any progress decisions with the university focusing on the provision of academic and personal support for students who have had their studies disrupted. Any Academic Advisor, who will provide supports related to Academics OR Student Counsellors for non-academic related, may contact you.


What is SA (LTC)?

It is an assessment applicable to those who have obtained a pass result in all units of study for their award except one. It only can be awarded ONCE throughout your program.

Is it for all students?

Not applicable for Foundation, ELICOS, Postgrads (Research), Single Unit of Study (SUS) and those enrolled in a nested course.

What is the main criteria?

Have obtained a pass result in all units of study for your award except one, and have made a *genuine attempt, presented for and failed that unit of study in the final teaching period; or penultimate teaching period if the unit is required to complete the course and is not offered in your final teaching period.

*include fulfilment of all assessment requirements as specified in the unit outline for the unit of study and the achievement of an overall mark of 40% – 49%.

Can I apply for Conceded Pass (CP) after Supplementary Assessment?

No. Results obtained after Supplementary Assessment cannot be utilised to apply for Conceded Pass (CP) although marks are within 45 – 49 and CP never been utilised.

When and how to apply?

Applied within 5 working days after results published. The application form can be obtained HERE.

Conceded Pass

When and where can I apply Conceded Pass?

Application can be made anytime throughout your study of a program. Click HERE for the application form (use this form if you wish to revoke your Conceded Pass in the future).

Is it for all programs?

Not applicable for Foundation, ELICOS, Postgrads (Research), Single Unit of Study (SUS) and a nested course.

What is the main criteria?

Marks obtained must be within 45 – 49 and has yet to utilise CP throughout their program.

Is it applicable for all unit(s)?

No. CP cannot satisfy a pre-requisite requirement units i.e. ACC10007 Financial Information for Decision Making, ECO10004 Economic Principles, ENG10003 Mechanics of Structures etc. Please refer to your Study Planner for details on pre-requisite units.


What is Reassessment?

It is a platform to recheck your assessment should you feel dissatisfied with your marks or grades. For more details, click HERE.

How to go about it?

Please refer to diagram below for easy reference.


How to apply?

Click HERE on how to apply for Local Resolution and Reassessment thereafter.

What happened after Reassessment?

The outcome may change or remains. Any amendment will be reflected in your Student Portal, Academic Transcript and other related documents.