Overdue items incur the following fines:
|Material Type||Patron Category|
|General Collection||RM0.50 per day|
|Staff Collection (overnight loan for students)||RM1.00 per hour|
|Short-Term||RM0.50 per day|
|Counter-Reserved||RM1.00 per hour|
How fines work
- You cannot borrow or renew items if you have any overdue loans or unpaid fines.
- If the borrower lost the item, they are liable for the cost of its replacement plus an administration fee of RM20.00; failing which, borrowing privileges will be suspended.
How to avoid fines
- Renew items on or before the due date online, by phone (+6082 260 936) or email.
- Check your account regularly.
- Don’t lend your card to anyone and don’t borrow for others. You are responsible for all fines for items borrowed on your account.
- Report lost ID cards to studentHQ immediately.
- In person by using eWallet only (Sarawak Pay or Boost) at library service desk.
- By representative.
- Request QR code for e-Wallet payment through email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost or damaged items
- If an item is lost or damaged, the borrower must report to the library staff.
- For the lost item, the borrower is liable for the cost of it replacement plus an administration fee of RM20.00. The replacement cost for lost item is based on the current price if the item is still in print or the average price for the subject area if the item is no longer available.
- You may replace the item with a new or good second-hand copy; however administration fee of RM20.00 still applies.
- You cannot borrow or renew until outstanding charges are paid or the item is replaced.
Exam results are withheld and students are ineligible to apply for any award from the university while any library item is overdue or fines are outstanding.
Please contact the library immediately if you have any concerns about overdue items or notices you have received.