Welcome to the Swinburne Sarawak Library! Get started here:
Our vision is to deliver data, resources and information services to meet the needs of Swinburne Community.
Register as library member
Click here to register or scan the QR code.
Watch video on ‘Sign up for Swinburne Sarawak library membership’.
Students are encouraged to attend library workshops to further develop their research skills, the learning skills focusing on academic reading/writing, citing and referencing skill, searching strategy and the use of EndNote software.
Series of videos available:
How to use Swinburne Library Databases: Using A -Z list?
Access information and journal article from specific library databases
How to use Swinburne Library Databases: Using Subject Guides?
Search and retrieve controlled results based on exact subject needed
How to search and retrieve E-books from library online resources?
Offer an alternative for printed books, support accessibility anywhere and anytime
How to cite sources in Swinburne Harvard Style format?
Quick Guide for OPAC.
Book a room or computer
Students can book a discussion room directly from their Student Webmail – Office 365 (https://mail.office365.com).
The booking steps are as below:
- Login to Office 365 at https://mail.office365.com and key in your student’s email: ID@students.swinburne.edu.my and password.
- Click the Calendar (2nd icon at the bottom left corner); double click your desired date.
- Fill in the booking purpose in Add a title.
- Set your Start and End time (maximum is 2 hours per booking).
- Click Search for a room or location and select + Browse more rooms to select one discussion room.
- Click Send and you will receive an email with title “Pending Approval”.
- Booking is only successful once you received the second email “Room Booking Approved”.
- Collect the room key at Library Service Desk.
Students can book the computers at IT Section using the Pharos Reservation Computer available at Library.
The booking steps are as below:
- Key in your student ID and password.
- Select the day you wish to book the computer.
- Click and drag the time slider to your desire time.
- Take note of the computer number and click finish to end the booking session.
*Note: The Pharos Reservation is suspended until further notice. Due to current space limitations and COVIDSafe practices in place, availability of seats is on first-come, first-serve basis.
Access to 24-Hour Study Area
Users may gain access to the 24-Hour Study Area after library operating hours through a dedicated door by using their Swinburne ID card.
Set up wi-fi
Swinburne uses the Eduroam secure wireless network and it is available to all students and staff.
To set up WiFi access for your laptop or other mobile device please see the link below,
Find a book on the shelves
Library collections are classified and catalogued according to Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme (DDC). Library users can access the Web Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) for bibliographic search and loan status information of library material via internet.
The book searching steps are as below:
- Select one of the searches available which are Basic Search, Keyword Search and Browse Search.
- Key in the book title and after the results are shown, click on the title required.
- On the next page, click the Item textbox.
- You will see the Call No. of the book, eg 650.72/BER. Click the library again to check the book status. If the status is available, go straight to shelves with label 650 to get the book.
Note: Ask library staff for help if you cannot find an item in the catalogue.