Access Engineering (McGraw Hill) Engineering encyclopaedia. Subject coverage includes biomedical, chemical, civil, electrical, environmental, mechanical, materials and software engineering. Includes: Marks’ Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers (11th ed.), Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook (8th ed.), Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers (16th ed.). Number of concurrent users: 1.
Biology Science Database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage: biological chemistry, biophysics, botany, cytology and histology, environmental studies, microbiology, microscopy and zoology.
Henry Stewart TalksVideo lectures and case studies by leading industry, professional and academic experts.
- JoVE : Journal of visualized experiments JoVE publishes peer-reviewed scientific video protocols. Subject coverage: biology, chemistry, neuroscience, medicine, immunology and infection, engineering and bioengineering and behaviour. The website also includes four of the JoVE science education video collections: general laboratory techniques, basic methods in cellular and molecular biology, essentials of neuroscience and essentials of analytical chemistry.
- JoVE science education : essentials of analytical chemistryStreaming video collection introducing quantitative analysis and instrumentation including electrochemistry, spectroscopy, chromatograpy and mass spectrometry.
- JoVE science education : essentials of biochemistryStreaming video collection presenting commonly used purification methods, such as affinity chromatography, as well as analytical methods, like MALDI-TOF. In addition, the videos showcase methods for assessing biomolecule interaction and function, such as co-immunoprecipitation and metabolic labeling.
- JoVE science education : essentials of cell biologyStreaming video collection introducing the field of cell biology and profiling five important cellular phenomena: cell division, motility, endocytosis and exocytosis, metabolism and cell death.
- JoVE science education : essentials of microbiologyStreaming video collection demonstrating the key tools of microbiological investigation, including proper sterile technique and plating, how to use selective media and enrich samples, and culturing methods for mixed or pure samples. It also covers common methods for identifying microbial isolates, and procedures for the genetic manipulation of bacteria.
- Knovel Ebook database. Subject coverage: chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, biomedical and general engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, materials science, earth and environmental science, aviation, food science, pharmaceuticals, oil, gas and power.
- PubMED (Open Access) Major index of articles from the Medline database. Subject coverage: medicine, nursing and allied health, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the preclinical sciences, health administration, public health and bioengineering. Produced by the US National Library of Medicine. Includes linked full text.
- Royal Society of Chemical journalsFull text journals published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Sage journalsFull text journals published by Sage Publications. Strong coverage of social sciences, humanities and health sciences. Also covers life and biomedical sciences, materials science and engineering.
- Science database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage includes: general and applied science, materials science, engineering, computing, physics and astronomy, chemistry, biology, earth sciences, telecommunications and transportation.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier)Full text journals and ebooks published by Elsevier. Subject coverage: life and health sciences, nursing, physical sciences and engineering, computer science, social sciences and humanities, psychology, business and management.Note: Accessible titles need to have a symbol of green key/ green notes.
- ScopusLeading database of peer-reviewed literature in life sciences, physical sciences, health sciences, social sciences and humanities. Features include citation analysis of authors, journals, institutions and subject areas. Includes content from the databases Compendex (engineering), Embase (biomedicine and pharmacology) and 100% Medline coverage. Includes linked full text.
- Springer linkFull text journals and ebooks published by Springer. Subject coverage: life sciences, chemistry, physics and astronomy, engineering, environmental and geosciences, computing, mathematics, medicine and economics.
- Wiley online libraryProvides full text access to journals, reference works, books, and databases published by Wiley in all the science disciplines.