- Access EngineeringEngineering encyclopaedia. Subject coverage includes biomedical, chemical, civil, electrical, environmental, mechanical, materials and software engineering. Includes: Marks’ Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers (11th ed.), Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook (8th ed.), Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers (16th ed.). Number of concurrent users:
ASM handbooks onlineFull text handbooks published by ASM International, a professional organisation for materials scientists and engineers. Subject coverage: materials selection, processing, testing and performance.
- BioMed Central Full text peer-reviewed journals covering biology, medicine and health.
- BMC, Research in Progress Full text peer-reviewed journals covering life and physical sciences, engineering, psychology, medicine and public health.
- IEEE XploreFull text database. Subject coverage: electrical engineering and electronics, communications, computer engineering, computer science, information technology and telecommunications. Produced by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- JoVE: Journal of visualized experiments JoVE publishes peer-reviewed scientific video protocols. Subject coverage: biology, chemistry, neuroscience, medicine, immunology and infection, engineering and bioengineering and behaviour. The website also includes four of the JoVE science education video collections: general laboratory techniques, basic methods in cellular and molecular biology, essentials of neuroscience and essentials of analytical chemistry.
- Knovel Ebook database. Subject coverage: chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, biomedical and general engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, materials science, earth and environmental science, aviation, food science, pharmaceuticals, oil, gas and power.
- PLoS : Public Library of ScienceFull text journals in life sciences and medicine provided by the nonprofit organisation, Public Library of Science (PLOS).
- PubMED Major index of articles from the Medline database. Subject coverage: medicine, nursing and allied health, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the preclinical sciences, health administration, public health and bioengineering. Produced by the US National Library of Medicine. Includes linked full text.
- Science database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage includes: general and applied science, materials science, engineering, computing, physics and astronomy, chemistry, biology, earth sciences, telecommunications and transportation.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier)Full text journals and ebooks published by Elsevier. Subject coverage: life and health sciences, nursing, physical sciences and engineering, computer science, social sciences and humanities, psychology, business and management.Note: Accessible titles need to have a symbol of green key/ green notes.
- ScopusLeading database of peer-reviewed literature in life sciences, physical sciences, health sciences, social sciences and humanities. Features include citation analysis of authors, journals, institutions and subject areas. Includes content from the databases Compendex (engineering), Embase (biomedicine and pharmacology) and 100% Medline coverage. Includes linked full text.
- Wiley online libraryProvides full text access to journals, reference works, books, and databases published by Wiley in all the science disciplines.