Environmental science and sustainability
- ACS publications Includes more than 30 full text journals published or co-published by the American Chemical Society.
- BioMed Central(Open Access) Full text peer-reviewed journals covering biology, medicine and health.
- CHEMnetBASE: chemistry database onlineEbook database. Includes: Handbook of chemistry and physics, Combined chemical dictionary, Dictionary of natural products, Dictionary of organic compounds, Dictionary of drugs, Dictionary of inorganic and organometallic compounds, Dictionary of commonly cited compounds, Dictionary of marine natural products, Dictionary of food compounds, Dictionary of carbohydrates, Polymers: a property database, Properties of organic compounds.
- Ebook Central (ProQuest)Ebook database. Ebooks on a wide range of subjects from a wide range of publishers.
GreenFILE (EBSCOhost)Subject coverage: human impact on the environment, global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling and environmental law.
InformitSubject coverage includes politics and economics, legal, social and cultural affairs, mass media, aboriginal issues, health, family, business, engineering, agriculture, flora and fauna and environmental science.
- JoVE:Journal of visualized experiments JoVE publishes peer-reviewed scientific video protocols. Subject coverage: biology, chemistry, neuroscience, medicine, immunology and infection, engineering and bioengineering and behaviour. The website also includes four of the JoVE science education video collections: general laboratory techniques, basic methods in cellular and molecular biology, essentials of neuroscience and essentials of analytical chemistry.
- JoVE science education : essentials of environmental microbiologyStreaming video collection providing an introduction to microbial communities in the environment and their roles in ecosystems. It also explores common methods used to study environmental microbiology.
- Morgan & Claypool Serve the global research and development communities in science and technology.
- PubChem(Open Access)Provides information on the biological activities of small molecules. It includes substance information (more than 10 million records), compound structures (more than 5 million unique structures) and bioactivity data (more than 190 bioassays) in three searchable databases.
Oxford AcademicPublished by Oxford University Press that covers multidisciplinary subjects.
- Royal Society of Chemical journalsFull text journals published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Sage journalsFull text journals published by Sage Publications. Strong coverage of social sciences, humanities and health sciences. Also covers life and biomedical sciences, materials science and engineering.
- Science database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage includes: general and applied science, materials science, engineering, computing, physics and astronomy, chemistry, biology, earth sciences, telecommunications and transportation.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier)Full text journals and ebooks published by Elsevier. Subject coverage: life and health sciences, nursing, physical sciences and engineering, computer science, social sciences and humanities, psychology, business and management.Note: Accessible titles need to have a symbol of green key/ green notes.
- ScopusLeading database of peer-reviewed literature in life sciences, physical sciences, health sciences, social sciences and humanities.
- Springer linkSubject coverage: life sciences, chemistry, physics and astronomy, engineering, environmental and geosciences, computing, mathematics, medicine and economics.
- Taylor & Francis ebooksIncludes all titles formerly included in CRCnetBASE. Subject coverage: engineering and technology, mathematics and statistics, chemistry, food science, computer science and information technology, physical, life, earth, environmental and health sciences, nursing and behavioural sciences.
- Wiley online libraryProvides full text access to journals, reference works, books, and databases published by Wiley in all the science disciplines.