|Material Type||Patron Category||Loan Period||Fine (RM)||Renewal|
|50 items for 60 days||0.50 per day||60 days|
|Postgraduates||20 items for 30 days||0.50 per day||30 days|
|Non-Academic Staff||10 items for 30 days||0.50 per day||30 days|
|Students||10 items for 14 days||0.50 per day||7 days|
|60 days||0.50 per day||60 days|
|Postgraduates||30 days||0.50 per day||30 days|
|Non-Academic Staff||30 days||0.50 per day||30 days|
|Students||Overnight loan||1.00 per hour||–|
|3 days||0.50 per day||Non-renewal|
How to borrow
- You must present your Swinburne ID card to borrow.
- To borrow books, go to a self-check machine.
How to avoid fines
- Renew items on or before the due date online or via library mobile app.
- Check your account regularly.
- Never lend your student ID card to anyone or borrow on someone else’s behalf. All fees associated with things borrowed on your account are your responsibility.
- Report lost ID cards to the library immediately.
You can pay fines in person or send us an email for more information:
- Counter — you can make payment via e-wallet by scanning the QR Codes available at the counter
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org for payments and Library will provide the QR code.
- You are required to pay a replacement cost for damage or lost items plus an administration fee of RM20.00, failing which, borrowing privileges will be suspended, testamur will be withheld etc.
- The replacement cost for lost/damaged item based on the current price if the item is still in print, or the average price for the subject area if the item is no longer available.
- You can replace the item with a new copy or the new edition of the book.
- You cannot borrow or renew until outstanding charges are paid or the item is replaced.
How to renew
- Log in to My Account to renew your loans, check your current loans and fines.
- You can also renew your loans through Swinburne Sarawak Library mobile app. Download our app directly from the App Store or Google Play by searching for “Swinburne Sarawak Library”.
- Renew in person at library service desk, by phone during opening hours (+6082 260 936) or email to email@example.com
- You can renew an item any time before it is due. The renewal will be for the standard renewal period.
- There is no renewal for short term items or counter-reserved loans.
- You will not be able to renew an item if you have any overdue loans, unpaid fines, someone has placed a hold on your item or if your library membership has expired.
How to return
- Return your items to the service desk at the library.