- Academic OneFile (Gale)Full text multidisciplinary database. Subject coverage includes: physical and life sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, arts and humanities, business and management.
Academic search complete (EBSCOhost)Full text multidisciplinary database. Subject coverage includes: social sciences and humanities, philosophy, psychology, law, astronomy, engineering and technology, life, physical and environmental sciences, mathematics.
AEM (Arts management) (Informit)Archive database (1982-2000) of material on arts and entertainment, cultural planning, finance, funding, law, marketing, venue management, research and technology related to the arts and entertainment industry.
AHRR : Australian historic records register (Informit).Database of privately owned material in Australia, covering the period from settlement to 1988. Includes letters, diaries, photographs, financial records, posters, sketches, recipe books, catalogues, minute books and registers.
ALISA : Australian library and information science abstracts (Informit).Archive database (1982-2005) of material on Australian library and information services, the library workforce, education and training and information technology.
ARLIT : archives and records management literature in Australia and New Zealand (Informit).Archive database of (1940-2000) of material on archives administration and records management in Australia and New Zealand.
ASIANRES : Asian resources : a select directory of databases (Informit).Archive database (last updated 2001). Includes information on Asia-related databases and search services that are accessible from Australia.
AUSCHRON : a chronology of Australian historic & current events (Informit).Database of material on Australian historical events. Includes linked full text.
Austguide (Informit)Archive database (1986-2006) of Australian and general interest journals.
Australia/ NZ reference centre (EBSCOhost)Full text news database. Includes major Australian, New Zealand and international newspapers, AAP Australian national news wire and magazines.
Australian public affairs – full text (Informit)Full text database. Subject coverage: Australian current and social affairs, social sciences and humanities, media, economics, arts, law, politics, culture, literature, institutions and history.
BERITA : Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei/ASEAN database (Informit)Archive database (1990-2013) of material on South-East Asian education, business, law, science, technology, politics and information science.
BIPE : bibliography of Indonesian politics and economy (Informit). Archive database (1965-1998) of material on Indonesian politics, government, economy, political culture and demography and demography.
Book index with reviews (EBSCOhost) : BIR.Database of reviews for over five million book titles in a range of formats. Sources include Library Journal, School Library Journal, Publishers Weekly and Booklist.
Cambridge CoreFull text journals and ebooks published by Cambridge University Press covering a wide range of subject areas.
- Canadian business and current affairs (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage: all aspects of Canadian business and current affairs.
- Chronicles : the Australian chronicles : an index to sources of Australian biography (Informit).Database of biographical information about Australians. Entries include, where available, the person’s full name, date and location of birth, date and location of death, the source of the entry and whether or not a photograph or illustration of the person was included in that source.
CINCH-ATSIS : Australian criminology database : Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander subset (Informit).A subset of the CINCH database: an index of material on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the justice system. Includes linked full text.
Communication and mass media complete (EBSCOhost)Full text database. Subject coverage: communication, mass media, linguistics, discourse, rhetoric, sociolinguistics, communication theory, language, logic and organisational communication
Communications and mass media (Gale)
Full text database. Subject coverage: all aspects of communication and mass media.
Contemporary authors online : : a biographical guide to current writers (Gale)Full text database. Includes biographical information and critical analysis of more than 149, 000 modern novelists, poets, playwrights, nonfiction writers, journalists and scriptwriters.
DatAnalysis Comprehensive data on all companies listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Includes annual reports, corporate history and listing details, cross directorships and committee composition, shareholders’ trading history, takeover details, industry comparisons, price history and graphs, financial data, key events corporate calendar and ASX announcements.
DELTAA : database on English language teaching for adults in Australasia (Informit). Archive database (1985-2008) of Australian material relating to the teaching of English to adults.
- Dictionary of literary biography (Gale)Full text database. Includes biographical and critical essays on literary figures from all eras and genres.
- Diversity studies (Gale)Full text database covering cross-cultural studies, gender studies, human rights, social sciences and history.
- DOAJ : directory of open access journals.Full text open access scholarly journals in all subject areas.
- DRUG (Informit)Archive database (1974-2014) of articles on the political, social, economic, psychological and legal aspects of prevention and treatment of alcohol and other drug abuse. Includes linked full text.
- Ebook Central (ProQuest)Ebook database. Ebooks on a wide range of subjects from a wide range of publishers.
- ebook Collection (EBSCOhost)Ebook database. Ebooks on a wide range of subjects from a wide range of publishers.
- EBSCOhostA major database platform of over 40 databases. Subject coverage includes business and industry, management and marketing, social sciences and humanities, communication and mass media, news and current affairs, education, science and health, nursing, engineering, computing and technology, design, film and television. Includes full text.
- Emerald InsightOver 100 full text business journals. Subject coverage: accounting and finance, economics, human resources, organisational behaviour, management and operations, marketing, strategy and entrepreneurship.
- Expanded academic ASAP (Gale)Full text multidisiplinary database. Subject coverage includes: social sciences and business, arts and humanities, science, engineering and technology.
- Family studies abstracts (EBSCOhost)Database of articles on family issues including marriage and divorce, family therapy, family dynamics and child development. Includes linked full text.
- Gale databasesMajor database platform of nearly 30 databases. Subject coverage includes: business, arts and humanities, literary criticism, nursing and health, law, communications and mass media, education and science. Includes full text.
- Gale literary sources
- Gale primary sourcesFull text database of archival material from Gale historical databases. Includes books, manuscripts, newspapers, maps and photographs.
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Issues (Gale)Full text database covering gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender issues.
- General OneFile (Gale)Full text multidisciplinary database. Subject coverage includes: business and economics, computers and technology, education, science and health, arts and humanities, politics and social sciences.
- Health and society in video Streamed video collection that supports the study of issues in health, including public health and medicine, epidemiology, pathology, geronotology, nutrition and wellness, childhood development, cultural and environmental health issues, mental health and chronic disease. Includes documentaries, profiles, reports and interviews.
- Humanities & social sciences collection (Informit) Full text database. Subject coverage: Aboriginal and Indigenous studies, arts, history, law, literary studies, media, political science and sociology.
- Humanities international complete (EBSCOhost)Full text database. Subject coverage: Aboriginal and Indigenous studies, arts, history, law, literary studies, media, political science and sociology.
- INDBIO : Indian biography database (Informit)Archive database (1977-1996) of biographical details of the members of India’s lower-house of Parliament (the Lok Sabha) elected since 1977.
- Indigenous Australia (INFORMIT)Archive database (1968-2002) of the collections of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission (ASTIC) Library.
- Indigenous studies bibliography : AIATSIS (Informit)Database of published and unpublished material on Australian Indigenous studies. Includes linked full text.
- Indonesian learned periodicals database on (PDIP) : PDIP (Informit)Archive database (1980-2002) of material on the humanities, social sciences and physical sciences in Indonesia.
- Informit A major database platform of over 80 databases on Australian and Australasian topics. Subject coverage includes politics and economics, legal, social and cultural affairs, mass media, aboriginal issues, health, family, business, engineering, agriculture, flora and fauna and environmental science. Some databases include full text.
- INTAN MAS (INFORMIT)Archive database (1989-2002) of material on the Eastern Indonesian provinces of Nusa Tengaara Barat, Nusa Tengarra Timur, Timor Timur (East Timor), Sulawesi, Maluku and Irian Jaya. Also includes material on Australia’s relations with Southeast Asia, ASEAN and its member nations.
- International bibliography of theatre & dance with full text (EBSCOhost)Full text database. Subject coverage: drama, mime, theatre and film, puppetry, opera, ballet and dance.
- JSTOR Full text database of journal back issues (past issues) and selected ebooks. Subject coverage: sciences and humanities, history, language and literature.
- LGBT life with full text (EBSCOhost)Full text database covering lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues.
- Library, information science & technology abstracts (EBSCOhost)Database of articles on all aspects of library and information science. Includes linked full text.
- Lynda.com is now LinkedIn LearningA database of more than 1400 training courses in streaming video format. Includes Microsoft Office and topics in business, professional development, statistics, design, IT and web development, photography, video, audio and music, CAD, 3D and animation, education and e-learning. Videos include captioning and use screenshots, narration, live action, smart boards, charts, graphics and audio.
- Literary reference center (EBSCOhost)Full text database. Includes plot summaries, synopses and work overviews, literary criticism, author biographies, literary journals, book reviews, classic and contemporary poems, classic and contemporary short stories and author interviews.
- Literature and culture collection (INFORMIT)Full text database of material published in leading Australian literary magazines, including Meanjin, Quadrant, Island, Wet Ink, Griffith Review and Southerly. Includes fiction, poetry, cultural politics, commentaries and debates.
- Literature criticism online : : discover literary criticism (Gale) /Full text database. Includes critical essays on contemporary authors and sources for further study.
- LitFinder (Gale)Full text database. Includes poems and poem citations, poetry excerpts, short stories, essays, plays, speeches and critical analysis.
- MAIS : multicultural Australia and immigration studies (Informit).Database of articles on immigration and emigration, multiculturalism, ethnicity, racism, migrant health, social access and equity, social services, refugees, population and aboriginal studies. Includes linked full text.
- MAIS-ATSIS : multicultural Australia and immigration studies (INFORMIT)A subset of the MAIS database. Subject coverage: immigration and emigration, multiculturalism, ethnicity, racism, multicultural education, migrant health, welfare and social services, access and equity, settlement services, refugees, population studies and Aboriginal studies. Includes linked full text.
- MAS ultra – school edition (EBSCOhost)Full text database. Subject coverage includes: general interest topics, health, science and history.
- MasterFILE premier (EBSCOhost)Full text database. Subject coverage includes: business, education, health, social sciences and humanities.
- MIHILIST : the Australasian military history database (Informit).Archive database (1987-1999) of material on Australian, New Zealand and Papua New Guinean military history.
- Military & intelligence (Gale)Full text database. Subject coverage: military affairs past and present, socioeconomic effects of war, armed forces and government policies.
- Military database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage: war, armed forces, military aircraft and defence, national security and terrorism, computer security, foreign policy, international relations, civil and aerospace engineering.
- Oxford scholarship onlineEbook database. Swinburne library has access to the law, business & management, philosophy, political science and economics & finance collections. Number of concurrent users: 5.
- PDIR (INFORMIT)Archive database (1980-2000) of research and survey reports in Indonesia.
- PERIND : periodicals index (Informit).Archive database (1980-2007) of material relating to Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and ASEAN. Produced by the National University of Singapore.
- Political science database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage: political science, international relations, environmental policy, human rights and migration.
- Pop culture (Gale)Full text database covering all aspects of popular culture.
- ProQuest centralA major database platform of over 35 databases. Subject coverage includes: humanities, social sciences, education, health and medicine, science and technology, business and management.
- Race relations abstracts (EBSCOhost)Database of articles covering race relations, ethnic studies, discrimination and immigration. Includes linked full text.
- Religion andphilosophy collection (Gale)Full text database. Subject coverage includes: religion, philosophy, theological approaches to social issues and the impact of religion on culture throughout history.
- Sage journalsFull text journals published by Sage Publications. Strong coverage of social sciences, humanities and health sciences. Also covers life and biomedical sciences, materials science and engineering.
- Sage knowledgeEbook database of books published by Sage Publications. Subject coverage includes social sciences and education, aged care and gerontology, anthropology, communication and media studies, criminology and criminal justice, economics, education, gender and sexuality studies, history, politics, psychology, social issues, social work and social policy, sociology, geography, earth and environmental sciences.
- Sage research methodsA database of ebooks, journal articles and video that aims to help researchers design and conduct research projects, understand methods, identify new methods and write up results.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier)Full text journals and ebooks published by Elsevier. Subject coverage: life and health sciences, nursing, physical sciences and engineering, computer science, social sciences and humanities, psychology, business and management.Note: Accessible titles need to have a symbol of green key/ green notes.
- ScopusLeading database of peer-reviewed literature in life sciences, physical sciences, health sciences, social sciences and humanities. Features include citation analysis of authors, journals, institutions and subject areas. Includes content from the databases Compendex (engineering), Embase (biomedicine and pharmacology) and 100% Medline coverage. Includes linked full text.
- Singapore/Malaysia collection : SMC (Informit)Archive database (1900-2007) of material relating to Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and ASEAN (as an entity). Produced by the National University of Singapore Library.
- Social science database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage includes: anthropology, communication, demography, economics, education, political science, policy studies, psychology, social work and sociology.
- Social work abstracts (EBSCOhost)Database covering all aspects of social work and social issues, including theory and practice. Includes linked full text.
- SocINDEX with full text (EBSCOhost)Full text sociology database. Subject coverage: social development, social psychology, social structure, social work, socio-cultural anthropology, sociological history and theory, criminology, demography, ethnic and gender studies, marriage and family, political sociology, religion, rural and urban sociology, substance abuse and violence.
- Sociology database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage: sociology history and theory, social psychology, community and mental health services, crisis intervention, families and social welfare, gerontology, poverty and homelessness, professional issues in social work, substance abuse and addiction, social work education and practice, violence, abuse and neglect.
- Something about the author (Gale)Full text database. Includes biographical information about authors and illustrators for children and young adults.
- Springer linkFull text journals and ebooks published by Springer. Subject coverage: life sciences, chemistry, physics and astronomy, engineering, environmental and geosciences, computing, mathematics, medicine and economics.
- Taylor & Francis OnlineFull text journals published by Taylor & Francis, Routledge, Psychology Press and Informa Healthcare. Subject coverage includes arts and humanities, psychology, social sciences, business and economics, health sciences, and all science disciplines.
- Telecommunications database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage: telecommunications, computer applications, information science and theory, radio and television, wireless communications.
- The making of modern law : : legal treatises 1800-1926 (Gale)Full text database of legal treatises from the 19th and early 20th centuries on British Commonwealth and American law. Includes casebooks, local practice manuals and
- The philosopher’s index (EBSCOhost)Philosophy database. Subject coverage: ethics, aesthetics, social and political philosophy, epistemology, metaphysics, logic, philosophy of law, religion, science, history, education and language. Includes linked full text.
- Trove Open access database of resources relating to Australia, produced by the National Library of Australia, Australian state and territory libraries and cultural and research institutions. Includes location information for items in more than 1200 Australian libraries, plus digitised newspapers, the Picture Australia image collection, the Australian Research Online Program, the Music Australia program, the Register of Australian Archives and Manuscripts and the People Australia Program as well as some overseas sources.
- Ulrichsweb : global serials directory. Authoritative source of bibliographic and publisher information for over 300,000 magazines, newspapers and academic journals. Entries include ISSN, publisher, language, subject, abstracting and indexing coverage, full-text database coverage and tables of contents.
Urban studies abstract (EBSCOhost)Database of articles covering urban studies, urban affairs, urban history, community development, town planning and related issues. Includes linked full text
- US history (Gale)Full text database covering the history of the United States of America.
- Violence & Abuse Abstracts(EBSCOhost) Covers violence and abuse, including family violence and sexual assault.
- War and terrorism(Gale) Full text database. Subject coverage: conflicts and their causes, impact of war, terrorism, defence policy, war crimes.
- Wiley online libraryProvides full text access to journals, reference works, books, and databases published by Wiley in all the science disciplines.
- World history (Gale) This compilation of over 40 journals provides robust and balanced coverage of this field, useful both to the novice historian as well as to the advanced academic researcher.