Access EngineeringEngineering encyclopaedia. Subject coverage includes biomedical, chemical, civil, electrical, environmental, mechanical, materials and software engineering. Includes: Marks’ Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers (11th ed.), Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook (8th ed.), Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers (16th ed.). Number of concurrent users:
ASM handbooks onlineFull text handbooks published by ASM International, a professional organisation for materials scientists and engineers. Subject coverage: materials selection, processing, testing and performance.
- ASME digital collection.Full text journals, conference proceedings and ebooks published by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Computers & applied sciences complete (EBSCOhost)Full text database. Subject coverage includes: all aspects of computer science and information technology, web development, information systems, engineering and technology.
- Ebook Central (ProQuest)Ebook database. Ebooks on a wide range of subjects from a wide range of publishers.
- Engineering collection (Informit)Full text database covering all engineering disciplines. Includes journal articles and magazines, plus conference proceedings and reports from Engineers Australia and the Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand.
- IEEE XploreFull text database. Subject coverage: electrical engineering and electronics, communications, computer engineering, computer science, information technology and telecommunications. Produced by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- JoVE science education : essentials of mechanical engineeringStreaming video collection introducing a range of concepts that are essential for understanding and designing mechanical systems. Each video examines a specific topic and describes fundamental analytical methods commonly employed to understand physical behaviours.
- Knovel Ebook database. Subject coverage: chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, biomedical and general engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, materials science, earth and environmental science, aviation, food science, pharmaceuticals, oil, gas and power.
- Morgan & Claypool Serve the global research and development communities in science and technology.
O’Reilly for higher educationPreviously Safari O’Reilly – includes ebooks and video. Subject coverage: information technology, software and web development, data analytics, computer networking, computer security, database programming and management, artificial intelligence, engineering, game development, project management, maths and science, business and management. Includes video case studies and tutorials.
- SAE MobilusFull text technical papers and standards published by SAE International, an association of engineers and technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial vehicle industries.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier)Full text journals and ebooks published by Elsevier. Subject coverage: life and health sciences, nursing, physical sciences and engineering, computer science, social sciences and humanities, psychology, business and management.Note: Accessible titles need to have a symbol of green key/ green notes.
- ScopusLeading database of peer-reviewed literature in life sciences, physical sciences, health sciences, social sciences and humanities. Features include citation analysis of authors, journals, institutions and subject areas. Includes content from the databases Compendex (engineering), Embase (biomedicine and pharmacology) and 100% Medline coverage. Includes linked full text.