WELCOME to Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus.
We hope to give you all the information you need to best support and advise your child on this exciting journey, and also answer any questions you may have about Swinburne.
Transitioning from school to university often requires a period of adjustment. There is so much to learn, new people to meet and a new way of life to be experienced.
As parents we need to readjust our way of thinking about our children and how we interact with them.
How Do You Do That?
- Help your child adjust to the new environment.
- Encourage them to be independent.
- Encourage them to be an active student.
How Do We Help Your Child Adjust To Their New Environment?
Students With Special Needs:
- Kindly notify the counsellors for special needs assistance arrangements.
“Students Come First”
- We care for our students’ well-being and achievement.
- We will treat them like adults, hence, we expect them to take responsibility for self-learning and self-management in Swinburne.
- We will communicate everything to students first and we expect them to communicate the necessary to their parents.
- We do not send parents copies of any notices or communication as we have to abide by the PDPA laws.
- To check your child’s progress:
- Ask your child for his/her email or Blackboard Username and password
- Log on to the Swinburne website
- Go to Current Students
- Choose Blackboard
- Enter Username and password
- Social, personal, emotional and academic counselling.
- Academic & Personal Development for students:
- Effective Study Skills
- The power of Positivity towards Effective Learning
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Movie Review
- Building Self Esteem
- Developing Leadership Skills.
- Presentation Skills
- Freedom from Anger
- Qualified and licensed Counsellors.
Personal Data Protection Policy and Procedure sets out the responsibilities of all staff and students of Swinburne Sarawak as well as third parties, in a commercial transaction with Swinburne Sarawak, in relation to personal data and sensitive personal data. The aim is to ensure all personal or sensitive personal data processed by Swinburne Sarawak complies with the following Personal Data Protection Principles set forth in the PDPA.
For details, please refer to the http://www.swinburne.edu.my/privacy/privacy-collection-notice