Information and communication technologies
Academic OneFile (Gale)Quickly access articles from a database of scholarly journals and other trusted periodicals. Best for academic research.
Academic search complete (EBSCOhost)Full text multidisciplinary database. Subject coverage includes: social sciences and humanities, philosophy, psychology, law, astronomy, engineering and technology, life, physical and environmental sciences, mathematics.
Access Engineering (McGraw Hill)Engineering encyclopaedia. Subject coverage includes biomedical, chemical, civil, electrical, environmental, mechanical, materials and software engineering. Includes: Marks’ Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers (11th ed.), Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook (8th ed.), Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers (16th ed.). Number of concurrent users: 1.
ACM digital libraryFull text computer science database. Includes journals, conference proceedings, technical magazines, newsletters and ebooks published by the Association for Computing Machinery.
- Anmol Publications Anmol Publications Pvt. Ltd., with its ever growing list of publication in almost all disciplines (Academic/Professional) has come to be recognized not merely as a publishing house but as an institution dedicated to the advancement of learning with a missionary zeal.
- Books24x7 Ebook database. Subject coverage: information technology, business, engineering and finance.
Business source complete (EBSCOhost)Subject coverage: all aspects of business including marketing, management, human resources, information systems, operations management, accounting, finance and economics.
Cambridge CoreFull text journals and ebooks published by Cambridge University Press covering a wide range of subject areas.
Computers & applied sciences complete (EBSCOhost)Subject coverage includes: all aspects of computer science and information technology, web development, information systems, engineering and technology.
Computer Science Database (ProQuest)Subject coverage includes: hardware and software, web development, system and database design and technology management.
CoRR : Computing research repositoryFull text research papers on all aspects of computing.
- Ebook Central (ProQuest)Ebook database. Ebooks on a wide range of subjects from a wide range of publishers.
ebook Collection (EBSCOhost)eBooks on a wide range of subjects from a wide range of publishers.
EBSCOhostSubject coverage includes business and industry, management and marketing, social sciences and humanities, communication and mass media, news and current affairs, education, science and health, nursing, engineering, computing and technology, design, film and television.
Gale databases (Gale Power Search)Major database platform of nearly 30 databases. Subject coverage includes: business, arts and humanities, literary criticism, nursing and health, law, communications and mass media, education and science. Includes full text.
General OneFile (Gale)Access general interest magazines and key serials in a single resource. Best for general research.
- Google ScholarGoogle Scholar searches peer-reviewed articles and papers across all areas of research. If you are off campus, you can access Swinburne Library collections through Google Scholar: Go to Settings > Library Links > search for Swinburne, select and save. Your results will now display a Full Text at Swinburne link for articles available to you.
- IEEE Xplore Full text database. Subject coverage: electrical engineering and electronics, communications, computer engineering, computer science, information technology and telecommunications. Produced by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- IG Publishing IG Publishing is a spin-off company from iGroup Asia, the leading library information service provider in Asia.
JRoss eBooksJ. Ross publishing program focuses on books and multi-media services that address the real-world problems encountered by today’s business and technical professionals.
KnovelEbook database. Subject coverage: chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, biomedical and general engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, materials science, earth and environmental science, aviation, food science, pharmaceuticals, oil, gas and power.
- LearnTechLibSubject coverage: research developments and applications on all aspects of educational technology. Formerly called EdITLib.
- Linguistics Database (ProQuest)This database includes full-text journals and other sources in linguistics, including many titles indexed in Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA). It covers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics.
- LinkedIn Learning A database of more than 13,000 training courses in streaming video format covering business, creative and technology. Includes Microsoft Office and topics in business, professional development, statistics, design, software, IT and web development, photography, video, audio and music, CAD, 3D and animation, education and e-learning. Videos include transcripts, captioning and use screenshots, narration, live action, smart boards, charts, graphics and audio. Licensed content can be accessed without the need to create (or connect) LinkedIn accounts. Previously known as Lynda.com.
- Morgan & Claypool Serve the global research and development communities in science and technology.
- O’Reilly for higher education Previously Safari O’Reilly – includes ebooks and video. Subject coverage: information technology, software and web development, data analytics, computer networking, computer security, database programming and management, artificial intelligence, engineering, game development, project management, maths and science, business and management. Includes video case studies and tutorials.
ProQuest centralA major database platform of over 35 databases. Subject coverage includes: humanities, social sciences, education, health and medicine, science and technology, business and management.
Sage knowledgeSubject coverage includes: social sciences and education, aged care and gerontology, anthropology, communication and media studies, criminology and criminal justice, economics, education, gender and sexuality studies, history, politics, psychology, social issues, social work and social policy, sociology, geography, earth and environmental sciences.
ScienceDirect (Elsevier)Subject coverage: life and health sciences, nursing, physical sciences and engineering, computer science, social sciences and humanities, psychology, business and management.Note: Accessible titles need to have a symbol of green key/ green notes.
ScopusLeading database of peer-reviewed literature in life sciences, physical sciences, health sciences, social sciences and humanities.
Springer linkSubject coverage: life sciences, chemistry, physics and astronomy, engineering, environmental and geosciences, computing, mathematics, medicine and economics.
Swinburne Commons (Open Access)Swinburne Commons is a database of digital media produced at Swinburne, primarily video and audio. It includes teaching and research material created by the Swinburne community, graduation videos, archival material and TV recordings. Open access resources are also available via iTunes U and YouTube.
Swinburne Research Bank (Open Access)Swinburne Research Bank is an open access database of publications authored by Swinburne researchers. Includes journal articles, conference papers, book chapters, reports, working papers, higher-degree theses and more.
- Taylor & Francis ebooksIncludes all titles formerly included in CRCnetBASE. Subject coverage: engineering and technology, mathematics and statistics, chemistry, food science, computer science and information technology, physical, life, earth, environmental and health sciences, nursing and behavioural sciences.
Taylor & Francis OnlineFull text journals published by Taylor & Francis, Routledge, Psychology Press and Informa Healthcare.
- VitalSource Bookshelf eBooks platform that allows you to access course materials whenever and wherever you choose by using your laptop, desktop or mobile device
Wheelers books ePlatformEbooks on law topics published by Wolters Kluwer & CCH.
Wiley online libraryProvides full text access to journals, reference works, books, and databases published by Wiley in all the science disciplines.